Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Altered suspension Question! Anyone who's a body-tech could prob help me out!

Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Sparkle Motion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539 jt223539
Default Re: Altered suspension Question! Anyone who's a body-tech could prob help me out!

Originally Posted by B-Well
height does not matter for altered suspension. ANY MODIFICATION is altering your suspesnion. the numbers are for vehicles with lower factory ride height. I am 14 3/4 from the ground tucking most tire about 1" from the rim and i recieved a ticket because my vehicle was "unsafe" any improper vehicle modification that can bee deemed unsafe can result in loss of your plates for 15 days and your vehicle being towed.
High actually does matter for altered suspension, it talks about in the law about lifted trucks and gives there height measurements to, so it is just about altering your suspension within the regulations of the law. Plus with you tucking tires im sure you rub which when the tire comes in contact with the body is considered "unsafe."

To the OP I got a ticket where the cop measured to my lip, just take the bumper off and go into court and show the judge where your bumper bar is with pictures, and take pictures with a ruler or such in the picture showing the actual height.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Registered member

richie-rich88 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Altered suspension Question! Anyone who's a body-tech could prob help me out!

Originally Posted by jt223539
High actually does matter for altered suspension, it talks about in the law about lifted trucks and gives there height measurements to, so it is just about altering your suspension within the regulations of the law. Plus with you tucking tires im sure you rub which when the tire comes in contact with the body is considered "unsafe."

To the OP I got a ticket where the cop measured to my lip, just take the bumper off and go into court and show the judge where your bumper bar is with pictures, and take pictures with a ruler or such in the picture showing the actual height.
oh yea i know i already have this all planed out!

monday im going to my dad friends body shop who does all the body work for avis rental and enterprise and some other dealer ships as well. My dad knows the owner soo all i have to do is go to woodfin take a pic of one of their cars without the bumper and shit on it and he can go a label it and sign at the bottom. or i can bring him to court and a state inspector... or if i cant get any of them to tag along i can get body shop owner to sign the paper or invoice lets say! go to the shop or wat not and get the car measured and signed and then when thats all done i can get all that notarized and then come to court with that pluss pictures with the parts named!

talked to a cop tonight and i mentioned Officer Nash and he said well anything that Nash does or says id go 100% with it! and thank you lord i know a few cops that go and hangout at certain places at night and i can try to get a hold of nash! cuz seriously i really want to show up in court and school all those fuckn cops that are there!

anyways keep on the comments!!! im printing it and bring it to court if it helps me!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you're going to go through all that trouble, you might as well take a picture of where the cop measured during your traffic stop, just for illustration.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you're going to go through all that trouble, you might as well take a picture of where the cop measured during your traffic stop, just for illustration.
I already have plans on doing that! soo i think im straight i just need to get some things done and ill be good!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered member

anyone else have anything to say!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

good luck and I hope the judge sends the cop to training or something.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Why people continue to bitch knowing anything altered is illegal is beyond me.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by brandini
good luck and I hope the judge sends the cop to training or something.
altered is altered.

cops word is final

wtf is he gonna get trained for?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by B-Well
altered is altered.

cops word is final

wtf is he gonna get trained for?
Thank you. His job is do uphold the law, not give two fucks your honda. Car is too low, you get a ticket.

Maybe we should start training law enforcement on the exacts of where to measure bumpers instead of training them in tactics that could save your life.

Maybe?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by j4k3
Thank you. His job is do uphold the law, not give two fucks your honda. Car is too low, you get a ticket.

Maybe we should start training law enforcement on the exacts of where to measure bumpers instead of training them in tactics that could save your life.

Maybe?
How about leave it to the inspection station and stop writing dumb tickets while people get shot at at Dave and Busters. Allocation of resources is completely fucking backwards in this case. If he's not trained on it, he shouldn't be writing tickets for it, or should just be able to require a re-inspection that would be free of charge if you pass.

Quick Reply: Altered suspension Question! Anyone who's a body-tech could prob help me out!