Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Audiophile question (subwoofer related)

Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aacjohnc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Audiophile question (subwoofer related)

Surprise no one has said this but just go with some 10 or 12 speaker that are free air . Does not require a box and you can mount them under seats or onto your back seat . Problem solved and you will get a better sound .
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
Surprise no one has said this but just go with some 10 or 12 speaker that are free air . Does not require a box and you can mount them under seats or onto your back seat . Problem solved and you will get a better sound .

Free air really isnt going to give you much bass unless you have lots of speaker volume in the free air space.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
thats because free air woofers suck ass, only ones i liked were infinity perfects and those sounded best in a large sealed box

slim mounts are an option but the only ones i've personally heard that sound good for a resonable price are the kenwoods ... the kickers and pioneers sounds like absolute shit, unless you listen to ghetto music
Old 05-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/interior-electrical-car-stereo-74/mtx-sub-286113/

this truly is a nice sub, i will take a good reasonable offer, and can hook it up to my amp to show it works

just throw me a pm if you're interested
Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

rexrunner rexrunner rexrunner

If you don't want to do any of this there is also another option. I wish you would tell us what kind of car (coupe,sedan e.t.c.) because that would kinda make it easier . If you don't want anything drastic, i would remove the 6x9's and make a mount to put in 6 1/2's. MB quart makes a add a woofer kit that gives out pretty decent bass. I recommended them to a buddy for his firebird and even I was amazed when he was done. P.M. me for more info if you want.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

Originally Posted by rexrunner
If you don't want to do any of this there is also another option. I wish you would tell us what kind of car (coupe,sedan e.t.c.) because that would kinda make it easier . If you don't want anything drastic, i would remove the 6x9's and make a mount to put in 6 1/2's. MB quart makes a add a woofer kit that gives out pretty decent bass. I recommended them to a buddy for his firebird and even I was amazed when he was done. P.M. me for more info if you want.

its a 99 honda prelude btw.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
clarion srv314, try that one.
Originally Posted by bbsIx
its a 99 honda prelude btw.
I can't believe you didn't even look at my post. This is the answer to your questions bro!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
I can't believe you didn't even look at my post. This is the answer to your questions bro!

haha I seen it, not many people have recommended it though. Alot of people told me it sucks.

I think I finally decided what im going to do. Im going with a 12", considering my boy gave me two rockford fosgate p1's yesterday for free and following this writeup to enclose them in a corner of my trunk, still having room for the esp stb.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:55 AM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

Honestly if you want bass youre going to have to hook up another amp. It's worth the work. Here are some 8 inchers that will pack a punch.

Resonant Engineering RE8
Sound Splinter Rl-i 8
image dynamics 8
http://stereointegrity.com/bm.php >>>> bam small enclosure and stereo integrity is my favorite sub brand

shop around at

www.woofersetc.com
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/

Ill be home in like two weeks so I can build you an enclosure too.

Last edited by dru; 05-08-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bbsIx
haha I seen it, not many people have recommended it though. Alot of people told me it sucks.

I think I finally decided what im going to do. Im going with a 12", considering my boy gave me two rockford fosgate p1's yesterday for free and following this writeup to enclose them in a corner of my trunk, still having room for the esp stb.
well thats important info we need to know. From the original post, you clearly said you didnt want a traditional sub.

oh well.