Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B-series hydro trans problems in my dc2

Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI
Default B-series hydro trans problems in my dc2

Alright I literally pulled over right now because of this issue.

When I was driving on the highway right now I was cruising in 5th gear anid d all of a sudden I felt the car just stop keeping a steady speed and slowing down. I down shifted to 4th and it caught and accelled.

Now it did it again for a 2nd time and I downshifted numerous times and nothing ....the moto was reving but no acceleration.

Id search but its 0530 and I just got off wrk and I'm on the fuckn high way.

Is the cluth disengaging? Is my fly wheel fucked? Idk I'm not transmission savy so I'm at a loss.

Doesn't feel like its popping out of gear either. Fabrik or duane input would be great.

Thanks skanks and please not dumb ass responses...

I already read lord humongous thread in the help desk
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 AM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI
Default Re: B-series hydro trans problems in my dc2

i will check the fluid tomorrow idk if that might have something to do with it or not
Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Normally the clutch wouldn't disengage by itself unless there is a pressure plate failure. The more likely answer is that the clutch is slipping, either from wear or from being glazed, or because there's a fluid leak somewhere that's coating the friction surface (which would be pretty noticable because of smoke, etc..). So you might just need a new clutch.

If it's slipping then it will get worse the more it slips because of heat buildup. So once everything cools down it may work like it did before, but only temporarily because it's still worn too much or something has failed..

If you find that the clutch is slipping, you'll want to check the flywheel carefully for flatness if you're going to reuse it. You'll have to resurface it of course, but there's no point in resurfacing it if it's warped from heat buildup.

So my intuition says that it's either worn or the pressure plate has partially failed, and either problem would require a complete clutch replacement.

If it was a fluid problem, you'd have a problem disengaging the clutch. If it needed to be bled, you'd have a different feel at the clutch pedal because of the sponginess of the trapped air being compressed.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Agree with fabrik8. Sounds like the clutch is slipping. Brewski, if you need help with it, I can help you out
Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Normally the clutch wouldn't disengage by itself unless there is a pressure plate failure. The more likely answer is that the clutch is slipping, either from wear or from being glazed, or because there's a fluid leak somewhere that's coating the friction surface (which would be pretty noticable because of smoke, etc..). So you might just need a new clutch.

If it's slipping then it will get worse the more it slips because of heat buildup. So once everything cools down it may work like it did before, but only temporarily because it's still worn too much or something has failed..

If you find that the clutch is slipping, you'll want to check the flywheel carefully for flatness if you're going to reuse it. You'll have to resurface it of course, but there's no point in resurfacing it if it's warped from heat buildup.

So my intuition says that it's either worn or the pressure plate has partially failed, and either problem would require a complete clutch replacement.

If it was a fluid problem, you'd have a problem disengaging the clutch. If it needed to be bled, you'd have a different feel at the clutch pedal because of the sponginess of the trapped air being compressed.
Fabrik8 thanks man. Appreciate ur input a lot I was hoping tht wasn't the issue....I've done one once like 3 yrs ago with a buddy.....
Originally Posted by PotatoVodka
Agree with fabrik8. Sounds like the clutch is slipping. Brewski, if you need help with it, I can help you out
Soy I mean potatovodka lol where u located? I don't have all the necessary tollols at the moment but I could def use assistance in this task.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

i finally got around to lookin after my shitty luck lately looks like the cam seal is leaking....oil could be seeping through the casing correct?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

gameoverr96 has disabled reputation

yes it could
Old 03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Reporting FS Threads

E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda E.Honda

Originally Posted by BREWSKI
i finally got around to lookin after my shitty luck lately looks like the cam seal is leaking....oil could be seeping through the casing correct?
Oil on the clutch would most def. cause it to slip.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:44 PM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

Originally Posted by E.Honda
Oil on the clutch would most def. cause it to slip.
:/ FML wait till you see the civic bro
Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

would a VSS cause this to happen?

Quick Reply: B-series hydro trans problems in my dc2