Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 head on a grs block 1.8???? whats involved and is it better than ls/vtec?

Old 01-29-2005, 06:19 AM
VIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89c-rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: b16 head on a grs block 1.8???? whats involved and is it better than ls/vtec?

Originally Posted by RudeLude83
I agree

title:
b16 head on a grs block 1.8

never heard of a grs block
Old 09-03-2005, 05:39 AM
The Logical One

2-Logicl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: b16 head on a grs block 1.8???? whats involved and is it better than ls/vtec?

From what I know many people fear going LS/Vtec because of the lack of oil squirters in the LS block. But the LS block has a larger stroke = more torque in case none of your questions were answered.... Someone please correct me if I am wrong that's what I have learned in my research for doing the same thing I opted for the poor mans (well sort of) I am just trying to pass on the information I gathered.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Crap. Let me put my 2 cents in quick!! A LS crank is 89mm which in most cases will give you about 5-7 more ft/lb of torque in an all motor setup. You can rev the crap out of them too because I take mine up to 9200 rpm all day long. A lot of people put a LS crank in a GSR or Type R bottom end as well if you can believe that. If you have a b16 head and GSR bottom go with some pr3 pistons from a b16a. They are higher compression than a P73 or type r. That's if you stay all OEM. You don't need aftermarket pistons or rods to make 200 whp. Do a mild port on the head get some good cams like CTR's for 300 and should make about 195 with a good tune and good exhaust setup. My setup should have made about 20 hp more. I put down 201/140 untuned. Let me know if you want help or suggestions.