Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 or LS???

Old 03-23-2003, 02:35 PM
im all stock..really

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k4ff1n3 is an unknown quantity at this point

ask your self this... if LS/VTEC is sooo great why didnt honda just combine the two and sell it stock? do you honestly think that thier engineers (Honda/Mugen) havent thought of that?
Old 03-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Looking for a car

TheNewGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

well they also screwed up the civic body and the accord, i wouldnt expect them to think of it...but the ls with b16 head, dis-engage the v-tec, and boost will be the best way to go...
Old 03-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

WTF don't disengage the VTEC! Are you saying to run on the big cams all the time it will idle lumpy and if you mean run on the small primary cams that's just plain stupid! LS/VTEC is a very very potent combo actually, Dave Norton has one and that engine has been amazing running 12.0s with pretty low boost. B16A being torqueless well that's why we rev the shit out of them mine made 333ft-lbs torque that aint too shabby for a lil ole 1.74liter motor
Old 03-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Originally posted by k4ff1n3
i have driven a regular LS,and a semi built turbo LS......... i have to say i like my 2 B16s alot more than i liked the LSs'

just my uneducated opinion hahah
I agree I had a 91 Integra with everything done to it, headwork cams, tb and ecu etc made 144whp and 126 ft-lb torque then put a 55 shot Zex kit on it went 14.1 with 16 inch Nitto Drag Radials, easy 13 second car on slicks. I liked the LS but I LOVE my B16A motor.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Looking for a car

if u plan on using boost, hi psi then v-tec on gets in the way. for tru drag cars not daily drive.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Originally posted by TheNewGuy
if u plan on using boost, hi psi then v-tec on gets in the way. for tru drag cars not daily drive.
There have been dynos done that prove that BIG VTEC makes more power than the small prmaries, have seen as little as 80whp to 200whp difference on a full race car. The small primaries do not have the lift and duration to get all the air in the engine, heres one story that proves the BIG cam makes a difference. Also some Drag Racers lock the BIG cam on since having a smooth idle is not an issue, check this out

http://www.hondata.com/dynogsrturborocky.html

I seriously dont know where you are getting your misinformation. LS motors make good power due to the displacement and the cams are agressive enough for turbo and would make more power than a B16A if the VTEC was turned off since the primaries are MILD!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:39 PM
NA No V-tec D

gene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by k4ff1n3
ask your self this... if LS/VTEC is sooo great why didnt honda just combine the two and sell it stock? do you honestly think that thier engineers (Honda/Mugen) havent thought of that?
yeah its called the " b18c5 "
Old 03-23-2003, 03:42 PM
Looking for a car

i stand by my thoughts...every1 has an opinion....
Old 03-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Originally posted by TheNewGuy
i stand by my thoughts...every1 has an opinion....
OK True everyone has their own opinion but facts are facts, show me facts where as an all out Drag car wil make more power on the small primary lobes? Some people like VTEC some LS, oh well to each there own. Also Gene that B18C5 motor is a great motor but not a hybrid LS/VTEC, they already had the B18C motor same displacement they just slapped a B16A head on it with mild porting, valve springs, cams, single stage intake manifold, raised the compression and balanced everything, it is a great marvel truely but it's not an LS/Vtec, I may have misconstrued your post. Anyways What's up Gene?
Old 03-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Looking for a car

exactly my point...some have used or driven each or just one and they like it better...its what they like or believe to be fast...if i were to do it with my crx i would use the lst/v-tec...and just tune it...but like i said all opinions

Quick Reply: B16 or LS???