Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 questions

Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Slowest HRC Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b16 questions

Originally Posted by wisepanda
haha, ls/vtec and b20 vtec= the same thing minus 3 mm in bore, and the fact that a b20 has no cranckcasse pressure release. so that comment makes no sense
Run them N/A against each other, both well tuned. You'll find out quickly that given the same basic design, .2 Liters displacement will own you!

i.e. 100 hp/liter = him with 20 more HP. More torque, and better bore/stroke combo for the top end than an LS = you wned:
Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Run them N/A against each other, both well tuned. You'll find out quickly that given the same basic design, .2 Liters displacement will own you!

i.e. 100 hp/liter = him with 20 more HP. More torque, and better bore/stroke combo for the top end than an LS = you wned:
Thank You
Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

crvtec<lsvtec=not a k motor still
Old 09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CivicDuty
crvtec<lsvtec=not a k motor still
K motor is 15-20 year old newer technology and design.
Not to say a B-series isn't good, but fact is, it's all about head flow. Want a good example, the flow on a competition ported B series is about equal on the top side to a stock SRT-4 head. The SRT-4 head will out-flow it tremendously on the low end.....

I haven't seen specs for a K series, but if they've fixed the ports, properly sized the valves, and taken care of some things, it's going to be better. From there, choosing the proper bore/stroke for the RPM range, and other factors come into play. I haven't researched a K at all, but I understand it's far better.

Want factory fast? Quit looking at Honda's! Z06 Vette comes to mind!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

well thanks for the education but nowhere in my comment did i say a ls vtec was better than b20 or vise versa(sp), i simply stated the very many similarities in both the motors. and what this guy is asking if he can salvage any of his ls stuff. Saying that since he has the ls stuff why not use it.

and if you want to get technical the bore to stroke ratio on both ls/b20 vtecs suck, especially since they are not mint to rev! resulting in a motor that will only last 60 to 70 thousand miles before needing to be rebuilt.

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
Thank You
so thank who ever you want but your comment was irrelevant

why cant people ever just answer the origional question at hand and stop trying to sound so smart

Last edited by wisepanda; 09-05-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Slowest HRC Member

haha, ls/vtec and b20 vtec= the same thing
Nope, no comparison implied.....
obviously not =

3 mm more bore = better bore stroke combination.
Both are designed to produce excellent low-end power. Which is kind of interesting, given that the rod length is so short compared with the stroke....

But...then again, it's a street engine, designed for economy, not a race motor....
Old 09-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Slowest HRC Member

why cant people ever just answer the origional question at hand and stop trying to sound so smart

As for the original question:

Nothing. There are no "easily interchangeable" parts on the LS that will give any serious performance advantage. You could have the head machined, and use the LS bottom end to good effect, but, that's not under the category of "easily" anything....
Old 09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, no comparison implied.....
obviously not =

3 mm more bore = better bore stroke combination.
Both are designed to produce excellent low-end power. Which is kind of interesting, given that the rod length is so short compared with the stroke....

But...then again, it's a street engine, designed for economy, not a race motor....

i was stating the idea behind putting the two motors together. THEY are exactly the same. Meaning SIMPLY how the motors are put together(oil lines, warter pump choice, etc) ASSEMBLY was all i was talking about.

im not arguing with anyone, i didnt know someone on VADRIVEN was goin to break it down and be suck an ass about it. i will leave this thread to HONDA RULES! he will answer any question you have!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Slowest HRC Member

i was stating the idea behind putting the two motors together. THEY are exactly the same. Meaning SIMPLY how the motors are put together(oil lines, warter pump choice, etc) ASSEMBLY was all i was talking about.

im not arguing with anyone, i didnt know someone on VADRIVEN was goin to break it down and be suck an ass about it. i will leave this thread to HONDA RULES! he will answer any question you have!
Did not mean to offend. I obviously mis-understood your intent in posting that.