Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16 swap question

Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B16 swap question

and if that guy is close to you, you should have him burn your chip with the map that he had for his ITR that should make it run alot better than a base map till you get it tuned. good luck man, first swap is the most exciting, trust me its not as hard as you have it worked up to be in your head ... i was the same way with my first one.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

well he's in Portsmouth which is a lil too far from me ...unless he can email me his map (if that's even possible)

got someone coming over to put the engine in...as payment he taking my old engine...

the only thing i have left to do it the distributor...i hope
Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

hmm if you have a chip burner you can do it that way if not you need someone with one ...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

got my chipped p28 and ecu jumper harness today...ordered the Rywire obd-o to obd-2 distributor harness and going to get the 4-wire o2 sensor...i hope that's it but i'm poised with another question...injectors

can i use the OBD-2 injectors using a resistor box since i'm converting to OBD-1 or do i have to change the clips and is it possible to to use my OBD-1 injectors?

Last edited by BLU CIVIC; 10-14-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

Originally Posted by atmdc
yea ls has long gears, you would probly like it better if you had a shorter geared tranny for the b16, unless u plan to boost it which would be pointless on a b16b

boosting it would be dumb?

lol...
Old 10-15-2008, 05:11 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by zappas
boosting it would be dumb?

lol...
I lol'd too.
Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
got my chipped p28 and ecu jumper harness today...ordered the Rywire obd-o to obd-2 distributor harness and going to get the 4-wire o2 sensor...i hope that's it but i'm poised with another question...injectors

can i use the OBD-2 injectors using a resistor box since i'm converting to OBD-1 or do i have to change the clips and is it possible to to use my OBD-1 injectors?
IIRC you can use your stock injector clips. Leave the resistor box. Get some OBD1 Integra Injectors. Later on if you decide for more power, you can just switch out the injecotrs instead of wiring in new clips.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 AM
trial member 4-life

DAmn-ryte has disabled reputation

obd1 integra injectors dont use the resistor box, the obd 0 integra does. if your harness is obd0 and you want obd1 injectors, then you need to splice the obd1 injector clips, get obd 1 injectors, ditch the resistor box, and cap off (or twist them all together) the wires that went into the resistor box

or just leave everything obd0, clips, injectors and leave the box.

Last edited by DAmn-ryte; 10-15-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

what if i want to use the OBD-2 injectors that came with the engine?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

You are creating more work then you have to. Keep the injectors you had that use the resistor box. No need in changing clips or any of that. All of the d and b series injectors are the same size. Obd0 need the resistor box because the impedence is too low and will roast a ecu if not used with the resistor box.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
trial member 4-life

DAmn-ryte has disabled reputation

when i converted from obd0 to obd1 i wanted everything obd1. the only reason i used the obd1 injectors is cuz of that and they were newer than my obd0 injectors. there is nothing wrong with using your obd0 injectors. if you want to use the obd2 injectors for the hell of it, then splice the obd2 clips (i think theyre different, not sure) and no resistor box.

Quick Reply: B16 swap question