Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b18c in a 99 civic ex

Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
(°____°)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom
Default Re: b18c in a 99 civic ex

maybe
Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Not Yet

markj has disabled reputation

the swap is a obd 2 jdm swap< dont think there is a obd2a and obd2b in japan<car is obd2b cause its a 99, and everywhere i have searched says nothing about the dizzy rewiring! has anyone done this swap before/ i need clear answers <i swaped a gsr in my 99 si i used to have just not sure about the d series wiring thats all
Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Re read thermal/b-well and my post. And you will find the answers.

Not trying to be a dick, but we have already told you what to do.

what I meant by "see if you can find a conv. for the dizzy" is search other places than drag, visit google or rywire, hasport, boomslang, they might have a "plug & play" conversion harness already made. If not contact me and I will make you one.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

mark, did some homework for you once i got home and came across this. its a good read

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...ht=obd2+series
Old 02-08-2010, 07:50 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

seems like you can use your harness and have to do a little modifying and then just get your proper jumpers.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Not Yet

Originally Posted by MICK LVN
seems like you can use your harness and have to do a little modifying and then just get your proper jumpers.
mr lovin< you pull through once again!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by markj
it dosent even have a cam sensor< and im putting a jdm motor in it so no crank sensor either pretty sure,Im asking for someone that has swaped a gsr in a civic and def knows thanks though!
Come on man.... You're killing me here...

The cam and crank sensor are both in the distributor. All sequential fuel injected engines have them both. The JDM engines are missing the crank fluctuation sensor, which is completely different than the crank position sensor (in the distributor).

Go brush up on your engine knowledge before you do this swap, seriously. I'm not talking about learning the specifics of swapping one Honda engine into a different car, I'm talking about brushing up on basic fuel injected engine function. You don't want to forget things that you think your engine doesn't have. I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. If you think your engine doesn't have cam or crank sensors, you shouldn't be messing with engine swaps yet.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Not Yet

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Come on man.... You're killing me here...

The cam and crank sensor are both in the distributor. All sequential fuel injected engines have them both. The JDM engines are missing the crank fluctuation sensor, which is completely different than the crank position sensor (in the distributor).

Go brush up on your engine knowledge before you do this swap, seriously. I'm not talking about learning the specifics of swapping one Honda engine into a different car, I'm talking about brushing up on basic fuel injected engine function. You don't want to forget things that you think your engine doesn't have. I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. If you think your engine doesn't have cam or crank sensors, you shouldn't be messing with engine swaps yet.
thanks man yeah thats what i was talkin about the jdm motor dosent have a crank fluctuation sensor, thanks and now it all makes since, the only thing i really need to rewire is gonna be the 8 wire plug to the 10 wire plug but there is only 8 wires on both!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

Why is this thread still open??
We have given you the answers and you still somehow overlook them.

From what I can see, you are just looking for other people to do the research for you. So this is my last post if you want me to make you a conversion harness for the dizzy PM me. If not wait for somebody else to repost the answer.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Not Yet

just gonna tranfer the guts from one to the other! and ive done plenty of reasearch its just people on drag love to give out such great answers to my questions< close thread moddddddddddssssss

Quick Reply: b18c in a 99 civic ex