Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b18c.. now...what to do with it?

Old 09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: b18c.. now...what to do with it?

do not...i repeat DO NOT boost the type R motor. everything on this motor is designed for NA. get a sick Port and polish, a more aggresive set of cams etc.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gear
do not...i repeat DO NOT boost the type R motor. everything on this motor is designed for NA. get a sick Port and polish, a more aggresive set of cams etc.
boostjunkie will be joining this thread pretty soon
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
i just got a hatch with a jdm type r motor and debating building the motor for turbo and going turbo or going all motor....not sure what to do with it yet. any sugestions on setups that have worked for you? or what would you do with this combo? anyone with this setup, what are you running? oh, and by the way, i have no rev limiter....what does this motor red line at? 9000? thanks
I would have to say 84mm 12:1 cr with some toda c's or similar cam, and HONDATA or EMS. All that will cost more than a turbo kit. So you decide.
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

very conflicting opinions....seems to be what im getting
Old 09-14-2004, 04:30 PM
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

hows that cost more than a turbo kit?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:02 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

cams 700 to 1000 depending on which one
valve train ~400
pistons~ 400 +/-
rods ~300
hondata 295 for the base s200 ecu ~200 (chipped)depending on the year of the car ecu harness/ aem ems ~1000
headwork
throttly body (bored or bought)
header 600 +
fuck all the custom exhaust bullshit, get an electric cutout and use a (relatively)stock exhaust 300
so those plus labor and a turbo will get you more hp
Old 09-14-2004, 05:10 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
hows that cost more than a turbo kit?

pistons=300-400
rings=100
machine work(at wargo)=200(resurface head, bore and hone block,swap pistons to stock rods, if you choose to keep stock rods)
stock gasket kit=280
bearings=250
toda spec c cams=1000
port and polish=at least 600(if you choose to do headwork)
upgraded valve train to support the spec c's=250-350(depending on brand)
valve seals, and labor to install them=120
AEM ems/hondata=400-800(depending on model, s100, s200)
timing belt, water pump-200
upgraded injectors (new)=250+
labor to do all this work= only cause weve been friends so long would it be for a FUNKY CHICKEN, anywhere else it would be a piss load........
Old 09-14-2004, 05:11 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

hah, you beat me to it rob.....
Old 09-15-2004, 03:17 AM
subie newbie

thats still 4550, without labor.....rough est. turbo kit....3800...doesnt inculed msd, gauges, clutch, ect. not to mention building the motor...which i would want to do because ive had a turbo on a stock motor and it only lasted like 6 months, im not trying to blow my jdm itr up. i now have a built ls in my other car on 17 psi and that things bullet proof....cost like 7 gs though. .....i feel like im wosing out not going turbo, its been kinda like a dream of mine to have a jdm itr turbo hatch......i dont know what to do.....
Old 09-15-2004, 03:45 AM

99SionPSI is an unknown quantity at this point

its easy. take the built ls motor out of the teg put the type r head on it after you build the head and then put a turboed ls/vtec motor in your hatch.

Quick Reply: b18c.. now...what to do with it?