Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b18c.. now...what to do with it?

Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default Re: b18c.. now...what to do with it?

Originally Posted by split
cams 700 to 1000 depending on which one
valve train ~400
pistons~ 400 +/-
rods ~300
hondata 295 for the base s200 ecu ~200 (chipped)depending on the year of the car ecu harness/ aem ems ~1000
headwork
throttly body (bored or bought)
header 600 +
fuck all the custom exhaust bullshit, get an electric cutout and use a (relatively)stock exhaust 300
so those plus labor and a turbo will get you more hp
dude i can not believe yall pay $700 to $1000 for a set of camshafts

you need to just get the specs and have comp grind you one for bout half that cost. import shit is so expensive but uses so much less material it freaks me out.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:39 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

boost that bitch or you gonna be slow.lol
Old 09-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by reuter

you need to just get the specs and have comp grind you one for bout half that cost. import shit is so expensive but uses so much less material it freaks me out.
buddy club spec III's are a good deal, like 550 bucks, good powerband and made like 184 hp on a stock b16
Old 09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by CnmyTeg
i bought the car like that and got a realy good deal....why does everybody keep saying build a type r ?....you mean to tell me if you had the money you wouldnt sleeve the block, lower crp pistions, rods, build the head, boost 15-18 psi and rev to 9500? yall are crazy....and as for the suspention part....its already done baby....and its dope. nothing but tightness for this car.
i wouldnt build it till i blew it up, i have the bottom end already for my car 82mm pistons and new block..but i dont want to do it..cause honestly i rather turbo and blow it up
Old 09-16-2004, 10:13 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i wouldnt turbo charge a type r motor, i just wouldnt, i would tear it apart and build one nasty n/a vehicle though....im really starting to like my car, all motor is very fun, im starting to understand why i went away from turbo on the street.........
Old 09-16-2004, 10:18 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
i wouldnt turbo charge a type r motor, i just wouldnt, i would tear it apart and build one nasty n/a vehicle though....im really starting to like my car, all motor is very fun, im starting to understand why i went away from turbo on the street.........
but honestly why? why waste 5 grand when you could buy a b18c/c1 block for cheap and get that rebuild, then you can buy a brand new itr head for 1500...it would be cheapier..to rebuild an itr motor like that is for one purpose and thats to keep the c5 stamp..
Old 09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

what?.....he already has the type r motor, how would it be cheaper to buy any other motor and rebuild it when he already has one........and he has another car to drive every day so the car can be down for a while......

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 09-16-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:51 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

lol i know..they way you sounded like was if someone were to buy one <3
Old 09-16-2004, 08:09 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reuter

Yea I know you can get some regrinds cheaper, but that was for something like skunk2 or Toda
Old 09-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

theres alot of stuff in type R's that doesnt appeal to the idea of boost, the cast pistons being one item. i mean ask arnel (thermafi'd16)...he boosted his typeR and wishes he wouldnt have...even though hes 300+whp

Quick Reply: b18c.. now...what to do with it?