Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20 Problems above idle

Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OHYAHSHAW has disabled reputation
Default B20 Problems above idle

i have a 2000 cr-v that i want to fucking push off a cliff.

this crv has a hard time starting even when warm outside. also it runs fine when idleing does not miss a beat but when you throttle it seems like it wants to bog down. if you get it at a steady rpm it will run fine. the battery and alternator are good it is holding a steady 14.2 volts. idk what to do with this damn import it needs a diesel in it.
it does not miss it is just running like crap
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: B20 Problems above idle

What was the question?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

What cliff to use.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Its most likely going to be the MAP, TPS, or coolant temp sensor. Test them.

Then drive off cliff.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered member

OHYAHSHAW has disabled reputation

haha sorry for the post i let my brother right it, iv checked all the the sensors, and ignition wiring. then i started reading more online about this being a common problem with this year of car inparticularly 99-01 the valves in alot of this year of car where way too tight. and causing the car to stall/ bog when giving fuel. the air fuel mixture is correct and like i said all sensors and whatnot are working but until i pull the head i wont know for sure if the problem is what i think it is... but if anyone has any other info or tips please let me know.

if not, the cliff it is.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:54 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by OHYAHSHAW
haha sorry for the post i let my brother right it, .
You fucking fail so fucking hard
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by OHYAHSHAW
haha sorry for the post i let my brother right it, iv checked all the the sensors, and ignition wiring. then i started reading more online about this being a common problem with this year of car inparticularly 99-01 the valves in alot of this year of car where way too tight. and causing the car to stall/ bog when giving fuel. the air fuel mixture is correct and like i said all sensors and whatnot are working but until i pull the head i wont know for sure if the problem is what i think it is... but if anyone has any other info or tips please let me know.

if not, the cliff it is.
Do you mean the valve lash is too tight or the valve to guide clearance is too tight?

*edit*....Just spent 30 seconds doing a Google search and reading the first two posts.Apparently the factory spec for the exhaust valve clearance is too tight.Adjusting the lash to the "loose" end of the spec will fix the problem unless you've already burned any valves.This is easily done without removing the head.On the other hand,if you thought you had to remove the head to check/adjust the lash,you may be better off getting somebody else to do it.