Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

The best way to lower a car?

Old 09-19-2006, 03:43 PM
OV-104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: The best way to lower a car?

Kinda glad I found this thread. I have a 93 Sol SI. I'm looking at doing all eibach. I jsut want the lowered look, smooth ride, and improved handling. Anyone have that in their set up or know anything about them?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

Originally Posted by hondakidn06
Kinda glad I found this thread. I have a 93 Sol SI. I'm looking at doing all eibach. I jsut want the lowered look, smooth ride, and improved handling. Anyone have that in their set up or know anything about them?
ditto- im ridin a 94 prelude VTEC at the moment, never messed much with coilovers. Since I havn't even paid this one off yet, I havn't touched the handling- and I'm lookin for something not too expensive, but all the qualities hondakid listed. Any suggestions as to what brand? I'm lookin at tokico struts and eibach or tein springs.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Originally Posted by MaxPower
Also if you bought some cheap tein's (basic,SS) then thats why they sucked.
Um, Tein SS, cheap? You sure about that? I paid $1200 for my setup and I'm more than happy with what I spent my money on. Granted, I'll probably *never* use them to their full potential, but I definitely wouldn't call them cheap.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Originally Posted by taz757
Um, Tein SS, cheap? You sure about that? I paid $1200 for my setup and I'm more than happy with what I spent my money on. Granted, I'll probably *never* use them to their full potential, but I definitely wouldn't call them cheap.

I just think the lower end of Tein's are not worth the money. I paid 950 for my Megan Racing coilovers, which is a lot less for more. I have driven a car with Tein SS and found it comparable to my KYB's with Eibach springs.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:59 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

I just think the lower end of Tein's are not worth the money. I paid 950 for my Megan Racing coilovers, which is a lot less for more. I have driven a car with Tein SS and found it comparable to my KYB's with Eibach springs.
And what kind of warranty do you get with your Megan Racing full coilovers? And I wouldn't consider the Tein SS the 'lower end'. Besides, coilovers are built for certain cars - like my Civic. We don't get the Drift Master and Luxury Spec dampers. Just the Basic, SS/SS-P and Flex. Just keep that in mind. Megan Racing basically only builds one 'spec' for most cars.

I'm surprised that your KYBs + Eibachs were comparable to a set of Tein SS full coilovers. The springs/shock combo isn't designed to work together as well as a full coilover will.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

And what kind of warranty do you get with your Megan Racing full coilovers?
30 days. Once there on and dont blow on the first trip out I shouldnt have anything to worry about. I have a one year limited warrenty but its pretty limited. I can have them rebuilt further down the road when needed.

And I wouldn't consider the Tein SS the 'lower end'. Besides, coilovers are built for certain cars - like my Civic. We don't get the Drift Master and Luxury Spec dampers. Just the Basic, SS/SS-P and Flex. Just keep that in mind. Megan Racing basically only builds one 'spec' for most cars.
Yes I understand, I owned 2 hatchbacks before I bought my supra. I just went with Illumina's and skunk 2 coilovers and they were good enough at the time. Megan racing builds one spec but when you order them (from the right person) they will switch out the springs for softer or stiffer springs. You just have to know what you want. 32 way adjustable, single cylinder design, pillow ballupper mount, aluminum strut, height adjustment and spring preload is what I want and have.

I'm surprised that your KYBs + Eibachs were comparable to a set of Tein SS full coilovers. The springs/shock combo isn't designed to work together as well as a full coilover will.
It was when it came to sharp turns. Also this was me driving a 90 supra and my friend in a 89 supra, the only big differnce between us was suspension and he had more power mods. I started my last statement with "I just think" becaue its my opinion and not fact.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:43 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

personally... i'd get coilovers... because of the adjustability...

and good brands are ground control, and skunk2

as far as springs... get tein, or skunk2...

but make sure and get struts / shocks... mui importante
Old 09-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

30 days. Once there on and dont blow on the first trip out I shouldnt have anything to worry about. I have a one year limited warrenty but its pretty limited. I can have them rebuilt further down the road when needed.

Yes I understand, I owned 2 hatchbacks before I bought my supra. I just went with Illumina's and skunk 2 coilovers and they were good enough at the time. Megan racing builds one spec but when you order them (from the right person) they will switch out the springs for softer or stiffer springs. You just have to know what you want. 32 way adjustable, single cylinder design, pillow ballupper mount, aluminum strut, height adjustment and spring preload is what I want and have.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a noob when it comes to suspension type stuff, but I can tell the difference between good and bad suspension. My friend put Megan coilovers on his accord, and they suck... royally. Dunno though, maybe its just the ones for the accord that suck. Also, dealing with them is not the best experience in the world. You buy their parts and half the time they don't fit right and you gotta send em back, that or screw around with em until you can make them fit right.
Altho this is a suspension thread- so I guess I shouldn't be ranting and raving about how much I dislike Megan Racing. My Bad.