Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boost controller

Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Eh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay
Default Re: Boost controller

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
nlr ams-500 or ams-1000 hands down one of the best controllers out there. I've had the greddy profec b spec II, an ecu controlled solenoid setup, and now the nlr ams-500. The closed loop control of the ams is awesome. I can also activate its different stages through the ecu. It features ramped control as well to help aid with traction.
Those can be tricky to use and i wouldnt waste the money unless he had a high hp fwd car or a REALLY high hp rwd car.... but thats just me, the 500 is atleast $500 bucks plus all the wiring that needs to be done.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

iceguyb14 has disabled reputation

i have the turbosmart eboost 2 and its awesome. has tons of features

you can set the boost, the pressure that the wastegate starts to open at, the sensitivity, an overboost setting to if it gets to a certain psi it limits boost, also has several different set points so you can have different boost levels for different situations. can be set for different boost levels for each gear too. also can be mapped for different boost levels per rpm. also has a feature to compensate for boost drop off at high rpms.

its pretty tight. i got mine for $475 but they sell for around $525.

its also a boost/vac gauge too thats very accurate.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by CustomX
Those can be tricky to use and i wouldnt waste the money unless he had a high hp fwd car or a REALLY high hp rwd car.... but thats just me, the 500 is atleast $500 bucks plus all the wiring that needs to be done.
Actually the 500 is only $400.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

hallman in car version, or HKS EVC EZ.

Those are the two boost controllers on the planet that work.

The rest are all miserable excuses. Unless you want to spend the big bucks on one like shue is talking about, they work pretty good too.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob suprarob

hallman are the best for sure