Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A/C help.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Brown Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend
Default Re: A/C help.

Originally Posted by H. Love
yea it has some resistance you think that could be it?
It very well could be. I would start with the "cheapest" possibilities, then work to the more expensive ex. "compressor." You should hear like a low clunk noise when you slide your temp over from hot to cold. That's the damper closing and opening to devert the air depending on what temp you wish to have.

How did you recharge the system? Did you do it yourself or did you take it to a shop?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

Originally Posted by H. Love
Yea it turns on fine and the belt is fine as well .....all the freon levels on the low and high side were fine to.
did you mean the high and low pressures were both checked?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
It very well could be. I would start with the "cheapest" possibilities, then work to the more expensive ex. "compressor." You should hear like a low clunk noise when you slide your temp over from hot to cold. That's the damper closing and opening to devert the air depending on what temp you wish to have.

How did you recharge the system? Did you do it yourself or did you take it to a shop?
I went and checked it it seems to slide all the way.....but i took it to a shop.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
did you mean the high and low pressures were both checked?
Yes sir.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend

How about your a/c button or switch on your dash. Is that engaging the compressor? You will feel an immediate difference in the motor rpm when you activate the a/c button.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 AM
MIZAKRO

How about your a/c button or switch on your dash. Is that engaging the compressor? You will feel an immediate difference in the motor rpm when you activate the a/c button.
yup it works.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Brown Water

sounds like compressor.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 AM
MIZAKRO

sounds like compressor.
How would it be the compressor when it kicks on and off?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Brown Water

Not sure man, but everything I asked you came back with a positive answer. Switch works, damper is operating correctly, you had the shop check the charge on both hot and cold side and the belt isn't slipping. There isn't anything else to the a/c system. Unless there is something that I am missing.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 AM
MIZAKRO

Not sure man, but everything I asked you came back with a positive answer. Switch works, damper is operating correctly, you had the shop check the charge on both hot and cold side and the belt isn't slipping. There isn't anything else to the a/c system. Unless there is something that I am missing.
Yea i dont know either man.....but thanks for the help