Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A/C help.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 AM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: A/C help.

Leak.

There isn't a click when you slide the hot/cold it just slides from left to right. If you're feeling resistance that means its hooked up. If the compressor is kicking on, then there's got to atleast be some freon in the system.

My old R didn't blow cold, and one of my techs found a sensor unplugged. Plugged it in and the AC worked again. Don't know, but maybe its something simple like that.

I'm still looking for the bumper plugs. I know I have them, its just a matter of where I put them.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Brown Water

Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend Livin_Legend

Originally Posted by elambz
Leak.

There isn't a click when you slide the hot/cold it just slides from left to right. If you're feeling resistance that means its hooked up. If the compressor is kicking on, then there's got to atleast be some freon in the system.

My old R didn't blow cold, and one of my techs found a sensor unplugged. Plugged it in and the AC worked again. Don't know, but maybe its something simple like that.

I'm still looking for the bumper plugs. I know I have them, its just a matter of where I put them.

Yea, Just like he said. there should be a clunk when he slides the lever from left to right, right to left.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

Originally Posted by H. Love
..all the freon levels on the low and high side were fine to.

Originally Posted by Livin_Legend
sounds like compressor.

Originally Posted by elambz
Leak.
If the high and low pressures are where they should be, this would rule out a bad compressor. The compressor compresses the heated freon gas to the higher pressure.

A leak could be possible. Perhaps the OP should get his pressures measured again to see if they are still at their operating pressure. If the pressures come out fine, then that rules out a leak as well.

If both of these are ruled out, I would start leaning towards the control of the blower fan and how much of the cooled air is being vented into the car.

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 04-27-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

there are so many parts to an ac system that could cause this problem, from switches on the climate control to clogged lines. I know you said the compressor works, but is it kicking on and off rapidly? does it make any strange noises when it engages? check and make sure the high and low line pressures are at normal pressures, if not, blow out all the lines with a air hose. check the reciever dryer, not sure if those have orafic (not sure if thats spelled correctly) tubes or not. there is a long list of things that could go wrong..
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute

ok not to thread jack, but what would cause the A/C unit to keep all the pressure in the high pressure side and not release it into the low pressure pipes?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Anti "DONK"

ShortyzKustomz has disabled reputation

Not 100% sure on honda a/c systems but what about orifice tube filters. and just cuse the clutch is kicking on and off doesnt always means compressor is good
Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

Originally Posted by ethan82000
ok not to thread jack, but what would cause the A/C unit to keep all the pressure in the high pressure side and not release it into the low pressure pipes?
When the freon is compressed, the high pressure fluidit goes from super heated vapor to a mixture (cooled slightly), then to a saturated liquid. It is then cooled and throttled to a low pressure mixture. That then becomes a vapor and is compressed and the cycle starts again.

The throttling process is the link between the two. I couldn't tell you all the parts involved since they my vary depending on what the application is, but it'll give you a rough idea of where to start searching on google.

I'm not too sure what would happen if the system was clogged. Since there is a mass flow rate going on in the system, if there was a clog, the compressor would eventually run dry, and that would run to bad things probably..

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 04-27-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
When the freon is compressed, the high pressure fluidit goes from super heated vapor to a mixture, to a saturated liquid. It is then throttled to a low pressure mixture.

The throttling process is the link between the two. I couldn't tell you all the parts involved since they my vary depending on what the application is, but it'll give you a rough idea of where to start searching on google.
thank you
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 AM
MIZAKRO

H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love H. Love

Thanks for all the help peoples!!!!.....but i guess im goin to have to break down and take it to the dealership
Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered member

John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M John M

it worked fine when i had it.

i charged it at my work and it was freezing cold.