Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car didn't get any lower?!?!?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El Illest has disabled reputation
Default Car didn't get any lower?!?!?

I see, it is on Tokico blues.... Not saying they're the best struts out there, but being in high school
I don't necessarily have 600 to spend on coilovers that's all.... But if I did do one of the three above what would be my best bet??
Old 12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: Car didn't get any lower?!?!?

Originally Posted by El Illest
I see, it is on Tokico blues.... Not saying they're the best struts out there, but being in high school
I don't necessarily have 600 to spend on coilovers
that's all.... But if I did do one of the three above what would be my best bet??
Stop, just stop...you have nothing to gain by going any lower without coil overs other than an even shittier ride. Not even saying this to troll you but seriously just stop. At this rate you are going to tare the car all to shit and before you know it you`re going to break something. If you don`t have the $600 for coils than you obviously don`t have the $$$ to go fixing this car once you have ruined the suspension. Please invest your money into something more useful like repairing those snapped off bolt heads etc you were complaining about earlier.

By the look of it i can see this car turning into something that not only rides & handles like crap but is prolly less than safe to drive. When i was a naive kid like yourself i had hondas slammed on their nuts just like you and IMO they were a down right hazard on the road. First thing that comes to mind is my old 92 cb7, it was slammed with the bump stops removed. After all the stress i had put on the vehicle from having it so low i eventually took a turn to hard and the cross member dropped from under the car, some rod went through my tire locking it in place and breaking my axle causing me to go into a skid putting me into the ditch.

Why are you so determined to screw up your car?

Last edited by Hooch; 12-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

El Illest has disabled reputation

Damnnnnn dude, that's a sad ass story... But if we had to call it determination I'd have to say this is my first car and I planned on modifying it as I see fit to the eye, and mechanically... The slammed look was always something I wanted to try and as of right now it rides fairly fine 7/10 for its ride height... I just wanted to see how the slammed look would treat my car look wise rather than what I have currently is all
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker Hijacker

Pro-tip: People who slam their cars for show don't drive them. If they do, they raise them so they don't scrape over anything more than a perfectly flat road.

I'm with Fabrik8, I'll with hold my comments and opinions on what I think about over-lowering, but don't think that White's story is an isolated event. Running the car that low will break something, and the time needed to do it isn't as long as you think it is. If you really want to slam your car, you're gonna have to nut up and buy the proper pieces and do some research more than asking Driven. Go to honda tech or some other honda centric site that will have more technical information for you to use.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
IM Trollin n Hatin

TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87

BECASUE RACE CAR!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Agreed with the above. People don't drive their dailies "stupid low", because it is exactly that. But if you want a daily to take to shows just do what has already been stated. Get some adjustable full Coilovers and suspension, profit!