Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car hesitates when giving it throttle

Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Justa lil 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: car hesitates when giving it throttle

if the map was going bad, it would more then likely throw a code. when i had too much pressure on mine, it threw a code and smoked black fuel while idleing
Old 08-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You're assuming that the MAP is damaged totally, it's a ceramic transducer and they sometimes only fail a little bit.. If it's dead, yeah, def code and funny idle.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Believe it or not, strange problems like these can be caused by small things like grounding. Always double check your grounds. What everyone else is saying is pretty good, but I would never rule this out.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

My car does the samething and I have no turbo. But I think mine is caused by my ecu being chipped and running really rich at low rpm's. or a bad fuel pump.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Had a problem with my cousin kyles turbo ITR and it was a crack in his fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

ultra spikey has disabled reputation

I checked my timing cause I thought maybe it was off, its still set to 14degrees BTDC. I havnt had a chance to check my compression yet. If it was a ringland, would it smoke while im driving/boosting? Cause it doesnt...Im hoping its something small, like a vacuum leak or a broken sensor.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Normally it would smoke while boosting, yes. It's possible that it won't though. I have seen it both ways.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:39 AM

b16a2 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ultra spikey
I checked my timing cause I thought maybe it was off, its still set to 14degrees BTDC. I havnt had a chance to check my compression yet. If it was a ringland, would it smoke while im driving/boosting? Cause it doesnt...Im hoping its something small, like a vacuum leak or a broken sensor.

If it was an internal issue like a ringland you would know it....It's probably just a minor problem. Are you throwing any codes? Your MAP is most likely not the problem. Check/replace o2 sensor. Have you checked your downpipe for cracks? It sounds like a fuel issue though...clogged fuel filter/injectors or maybe even a bad fuel pump.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

With personal experience, even though with my MR2, I'd definately check EVERY hose for leaks. Just use soapy water and if it bubbles anywhere, leak I'm thinking either leak or O2 sensor.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If it's only been doing this a short time, I'd say it's probably a sensor going bad, or you've damaged your stock MAP sensor with too much pressure. They aren't made to withstand more than about 13 PSI without potential damage. It could be a throttle position sensor, coolant temp sensor, or intake air temp sensor also. Any of those could potentially make your car hesitate. Coolant temp sensor will make your idle a little funny though, so it's probably not that. It shouldn't be one of your rotation position sensors (CYP/TDC/CA) or you'd have a CEL most likely. Check the TPS and MAP sensors first.
Check your 02 sensor as well, my car was doing the same thing and it was just a bad 02.

Quick Reply: car hesitates when giving it throttle