Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car miss fires as soon as you get into vtec

Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car miss fires as soon as you get into vtec

ooo snap son you need some vtec sauce , thats definitely the problem.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered member

ricin4ever has disabled reputation

nope figured the problem out the god damn brand new dizzy broke ! lol the screw that holds the rotor came loose and melted a bunch of shit and fucked up wires lol thanx for all the help guys
Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

reborncx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I'm the one tuning the car guys. Its not a fuel issue. Its having ignition misfires as soon as the boost goes over 5psi or so. Plugs are gapped pretty damn low. Its an issue with the ignition system. The spark is too weak to bridge the gap on the plug after vtec crosses and lets in denser air.
close the gap in your plugs down a notch or two. my turbo mustang would do that same thing half-full throtle to because of the amount of air being forced in is actually blowing the spark out. you may have it fueled right and timed right but if the ignition cant keep up it wont work. try gaping the plugs before you start putting money into it.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Registered Member

turbof22 has disabled reputation

to tell you the truth my prelude was doin the same thing till i changed the spark plugs. give it a try
Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by turbof22
to tell you the truth my prelude was doin the same thing till i changed the spark plugs. give it a try
Please read. The problem is fixed.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by reborncx
close the gap in your plugs down a notch or two. my turbo mustang would do that same thing half-full throtle to because of the amount of air being forced in is actually blowing the spark out. you may have it fueled right and timed right but if the ignition cant keep up it wont work. try gaping the plugs before you start putting money into it.
lmao did you even read my post you quoted? I said "plugs were gapped pretty damn low".

Good to hear you figured out the problem