Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justinm91 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.

That is true. Just gotta find a time to try and figure out how I got the bastard off last time.

Yeah, true. How much would tow service be? I know I can't afford the repair immediately, but it would be nice to know what's messed up, and I don't want to leave it anywhere. It's a POS, but it's my first car, my baby. Just don't want to risk (further) dints dings, scratches, etc.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

pm me where the cars located...i dont need exact addy just a central area..then i can give you the price
Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Justinm91
That is true. Just gotta find a time to try and figure out how I got the bastard off last time.

Yeah, true. How much would tow service be? I know I can't afford the repair immediately, but it would be nice to know what's messed up, and I don't want to leave it anywhere. It's a POS, but it's my first car, my baby. Just don't want to risk (further) dints dings, scratches, etc.
just keep in mind regardless DONT reuse the headgasket, so you'll have to pick up another one & i always recommend getting another valve cover gasket cause you'll have to remove that also. Other than that just remove headstuds & all the accessories around the head.. (ie unclick, unplug etc) & then pull off (basically)
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

I'm about to surely make a fool out of myself, but why couldn't I re-use a brand new headgasket? It was changed a 2 months ago and the most it's been through is an occasional engine start up for 15 min every few days.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

because it has already been torqued down and compressed...you never use a head gasket over...

when the head was replaced....you DID torque the head bolts down didnt you??
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

I hope to GOD so.. like I said, two buddies of mine who do automotive repairs all of the time did the work. I didn't see it done. If they didn't do it right I sure as fuck want my 200 back.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

well mistakes do happen...but that could be an option...ive even seen the gasket on and like half of it sticking out the back...people do some crazy shit sometimes..
Old 07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
CPL Us Army

Easy thing to try... get a torque wrench look up torque specs for the headstuds (cant remember off the top of my head) and make sure they are torque properly before removing anything.. It could be as simple as the head not being down firmly... causing the issue.

I could be wrong but worth a shot..
Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
CPL Us Army

Originally Posted by nftuatn
well mistakes do happen...but that could be an option...ive even seen the gasket on and like half of it sticking out the back...people do some crazy shit sometimes..
Lol +1.. putting it on backwards or half on half off like you said.. I've fixed 2 vehicles in the past year cause of this.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

there is so many things that could be...but if your capable pull the v/c and check them...it should be like 70lbs iirc...but if you dont have a torque wrench then your sol ..

Quick Reply: Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.