Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
CPL Us Army

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.

I think we rent them at advance (some stores do.. not mine) or they have ones you can buy.. *cough* and then opened carefully return cause you ended up not needing it *cough*
Old 07-17-2010, 07:09 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

and honestly op,if its on backwards i believe it puts the water jacket into the oil and will give you a blown gasket symptom'

either way the whole job would have to be redone...and any shop will want to remove the head and check for warpage and cracks...just so they dont have to do the whole job again when that was the issue from the get go
Old 07-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Justinm91 has disabled reputation

I don't personally have a torque wrench. This is my learners car. Most I've personally done is a radiator hose swap, watched a speed sensor replacement, changed oil and antifreeze (though that was shit I've known for years..) gotten dents out of the hood, and I've got new brake pads which'll go on it soon, so, I'm quite mechanically inclined and doing the best I can.

How much would it cost to have the whole job re-done?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:13 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well im not trying to talk down to you..but if you dont know what your doing a torque wrench really wont help you...and if you really dont know what tests to perform then you could be wasting a lot of time..
Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I know that. I completely understand. That's kinda what I meant in that post. I'd more likely than not DO damage, than repair it.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by Justinm91

How much would it cost to have the whole job re-done?
honestly ,with the head set,having the head checked and honestly they should have done a water pump and timing belt while they were in there...

and if not you may as well do the water pump and timing belt as well...you would be in the 600 range..
Old 07-17-2010, 07:18 PM
CPL Us Army

Do a little research online (d-series.org) theres alot of information there that can help you figure out how to do this stuff on your own. I'm not a mechanic by no means (i can work on cars tho) i've done my own on my 4door 92 sohc ... headgasket, water pump, timing belt (set timing too) Just gotta read up a little bit.

Pick up a tq wrench or borrow one from somebody. Removed the VC & set the tq wrench to the specs to tq down the headstuds... if they arent tight enough you will know. IF they are set correctly it will only want to 'click'.. ie it wont tq down the head bolts higher than what you set the wrench at.

Not that hard just gotta think a little about it. SOHC hondas are the easiest to learn on trust me! I started with 4g63 (eclipse, talon turbo motors) came to sohc in my daily driver & wow i was like shit this is cake lol

I sell parts for a living & can trouble shoot pretty damn good. But hands on i'm kinda still learning more & more everyday.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
CPL Us Army

If you were closer to fredericksburg i would lend my help to ya one weekend but thats a little bit of a drive with my schedule right now between the military & workin full time. (& not having a license lol)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Shit.

Yep.. eight bucks an hour, ten hours a week ain't even going to get me 600 before college starts.

Fuck.

Time to go to 757 and see if anyone's got spare work AND if anyone can help finih this bitch up before August 20th!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by Justinm91
Shit.

Yep.. eight bucks an hour, ten hours a week ain't even going to get me 600 before college starts.

Fuck.
well it might not be that...i dont know...noone knows until it is checked out...that has to be done first...

Quick Reply: Car shaking, white smoke from tailpipe.