Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car wont start, please help

Old 04-18-2005, 05:36 PM
slowest member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts
Default Re: car wont start, please help

my truck did that started fine turned it off i went to try to start it but never would turn over my coil ignitor had a huge crack down the side
Old 04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey my da was giving me the same problem and it ended up being the distributor coil....i would get one from somebody that has one and switch it.....by the way its medina if mine fits You can try mine i dont know what motor you have now but i have one for a b18a1.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

double check your fuel pressure... when i did major work on the monte and put it all back together, it seemed as though i was getting fuel and i had the same symptoms as you... would turn over but wouldn't catch, it ended up being a lack of fuel.

go get yourself a 10 dollar can of starter fluid and spray it in the throttle body... it it's got a spark it'll start up on that, even if the timing is fucked up it'll do something... if it starts and runs for ~30 sec then dies it's def lack of fuel.

edit: also check corrosion on the battery... sounds like a dumb suggestion but you would be amazed. my brother in law's focus wouldn't start at all this weekend, i cleaned the terminals and it started right up.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

94_CRVtec has disabled reputation

well, i replaced the coil about 3 months ago, so its almost new, and its getting spark, i replaced the fuel filter did nothing, tomarrow i am going to double check my timing marks, try the wires and a few other things, oh and btw medina, its a b16a2 just to hold me over for now, i decided that im going to build a ls/vtec turbo
Old 04-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Pong It Up Bitches

1evilgs is an unknown quantity at this point

try the main fuel relay
Old 04-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

its getting fuel fine, i triple checked the timing, took the main pully off and noticed that the timing is off a notch, i think it might have jumped on me, gunna try that and see what happens
Old 04-19-2005, 08:19 PM

qunit has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 1evilgs
try the main fuel relay
i agree
Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Registered Member

but if the main fuel relay was out, wouldnt the car not be getting fuel?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

JoesHB has disabled reputation

When i wired up my tach i didn't get the distributor rotor in right and i couldn't start. So check the distributor rotor, take it out and if it's all corroded go buy another one and a new cap, should be around 25 bucks.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:27 PM
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JoesHB
When i wired up my tach i didn't get the distributor rotor in right and i couldn't start. So check the distributor rotor, take it out and if it's all corroded go buy another one and a new cap, should be around 25 bucks.
the rotor only goes in one way, but the position of the distributor in regard to the cam can be 180 out. the motor will be spitting and coughing like it wants to start.

Quick Reply: car wont start, please help