Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car wont start unless i pop the clutch

Old 10-02-2003, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

The clicking is the soleniod engaging the gear. This means it getting power, although I guess it could not be getting enough power. I still says its most likely the starter. Try jump starting the car. If its a dead battery, it will start, if its the starter, it wont.

-Mike
Old 10-02-2003, 06:52 PM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

Starter
Old 10-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

make sure all the connections to the starter are good. one of my wires came loose once and cause my car to do the same thing.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

i'll be working on my car tomorrow dan so if you want me to look at it just come by.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:55 AM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im saying starter. The brushes probably have corrosion on them and wont allow the proper amount of power to engage the armiture.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I'm saying he's going to be pissed if he wastes his money on a new starter and still has to turn around and buy a new battery. Your best bet is to take it over to autozone and have them check it out for you, but I 100% guarantee you that if the symptoms you describe are accurate then you have a battery that's not producing enough cold cranking amps to start the car and you're going to have to replace the battery.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

it's the starter....go buy a new one bitch. that shit is shot......
Old 10-04-2003, 09:11 AM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

That is the starter, because I just replaced mine like a few weeks ago because it was doing the exact same thing....
Old 10-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

is not the starter its the wiring harness. it needs to be redone. cause after we fucked with it today mike on the way home i was gettin wack readings and now i have no electrical sign what so ever. and the battery is new. so im gunna run it up to crinout's shop and get them to rewire it. also i know its not the starter cause the starter turned the motor on the other day. so i turned it off and to test it and i worked i did this like 3 times the 4th time it didnt trun on.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally posted by WYT R1CE
also i know its not the starter cause the starter turned the motor on the other day. so i turned it off and to test it and i worked i did this like 3 times the 4th time it didnt trun on.
What the bloody hell are you talking about man? The other day I didn't have a light bulb out, so I know it can't be a blown bulb...WTF, it must be the POWER COMPANY! Dude, that is a really bad statement, you HAD no idea the starter wasn't the problem. Of course things that are broken now worked fine the other day...that's why you weren't concerned with it the other day but you are now...because it broke...nevermind, I get the feeling I'm not preaching to the right crowd here...

Quick Reply: car wont start unless i pop the clutch