Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

cheap mods

Old 02-20-2003, 07:37 AM
poop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

do what they said. then put a MSD sticker on the hood. actually. you should remove the hood. it weights alot. put the msd sticker on the door, under the mirror.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Skywalker
Remove the engine, cut out the floor, and put on your track shoes. Flintstones style!
LMAO.....

Thats all you need.....

But i hear stickers are cheap.....They add like 10 HP per sticker till you get to 1000 hp then they only add 5 per sticker......(This theory also provides excellent paint protection if you cover your whole car.....)

Mods include taking your filter completely out (im serious now) by a K&N if you dont want to ride filter less......) if you want a cold air pick-up use dryer hose connected to your intake manifold, buy a 10 dollar crank case breather, cut your cat off punch the honey comb out and re-attach it, take out the back seats, Dont buy a wing for 20 bucks that only weighs your FWD car down......buy some 60 series tires for traction (50 series if you got 15's) replce your cam gear (kinda cheap), Advance your timming, boost your fuel preassure, (if you dont allready have them still on your car buy OEM replacement plug wires), (If you know how) Tilt your clutch plate .004 degree's for better launch (this also wears your clutch out quicker), 200 bucks gets you lower to the ground (Neuspeed sport springs or 500 bucks gets you neuspeed race springs...), Or just work hard dont be a ricer and swap your motor.....Or better yet buy a Nissan 240,300,200(SR),"02" SE-R, you get my drift dont buy crap and it wont cost much to tune it........
Old 02-20-2003, 07:52 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

give up and find a new hobbie.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:57 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Originally posted by TheRoxorcist
give up and find a new hobbie.
Exactly. Other than weight savings... which isn't giving you more power... there's nothing that costs almost no money that gives you good power. The fact is... you're gonna need at least few thousand to make any car respectable.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by reXer
Exactly. Other than weight savings... which isn't giving you more power... there's nothing that costs almost no money that gives you good power. The fact is... you're gonna need at least few thousand to make any car respectable.
Unless you just buy a B/N 350z/S2000 etc.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:55 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Shinobi
LMAO.....

Thats all you need.....

But i hear stickers are cheap.....They add like 10 HP per sticker till you get to 1000 hp then they only add 5 per sticker......(This theory also provides excellent paint protection if you cover your whole car.....)

Mods include taking your filter completely out (im serious now) by a K&N if you dont want to ride filter less......) if you want a cold air pick-up use dryer hose connected to your intake manifold, buy a 10 dollar crank case breather, cut your cat off punch the honey comb out and re-attach it, take out the back seats, Dont buy a wing for 20 bucks that only weighs your FWD car down......buy some 60 series tires for traction (50 series if you got 15's) replce your cam gear (kinda cheap), Advance your timming, boost your fuel preassure, (if you dont allready have them still on your car buy OEM replacement plug wires), (If you know how) Tilt your clutch plate .004 degree's for better launch (this also wears your clutch out quicker), 200 bucks gets you lower to the ground (Neuspeed sport springs or 500 bucks gets you neuspeed race springs...), Or just work hard dont be a ricer and swap your motor.....Or better yet buy a Nissan 240,300,200(SR),"02" SE-R, you get my drift dont buy crap and it wont cost much to tune it........
Dont replace your pcv valve with a breather filter. Also, dont raise your fuel pressure unless you have a reason to do so. The cam gear is probably gona require some dyno tuning to get it how you like it, and since your all for cheap stuff, I wouldnt do that.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

Originally posted by mpg9999
Dont replace your pcv valve with a breather filter. Also, dont raise your fuel pressure unless you have a reason to do so. The cam gear is probably gona require some dyno tuning to get it how you like it, and since your all for cheap stuff, I wouldnt do that.
was a joke "cuz" i just wanted to see someone do it....lol
Old 02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Shinobi
Unless you just buy a B/N 350z/S2000 etc.
And that would require him to have a decent amount of money saved or coming in every month. A man who does that shouldn't be in this situation.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

I beleive whole heartedly that if you just cant afford the hobby you shouldnt try to........
Old 02-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Banned

slow is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the replies, i might try some of that stuff maybe this weekend

in response to Shin, i should have specified my intentions more clearly in my first post...

i just want a few, minor upgrades to give my ride some additional hp, not to be the fastest civic on the streets. this is just my A to B, highschool, "for-now" car, untill i get a decent job and can really get a project car i can invest more money into. so, for NOW i cant afford it, therefore im not making it a full time "hobby"

(but i do see where you're coming from with your opinion)

Quick Reply: cheap mods