Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

check engine light still

Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mondyva has disabled reputation
Default Re: check engine light still

man yeah i'm calling it a night. can't argue with stupid now can't we. lol pz douche bag
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by boredom
read sig, then visit honda-tech.com and find the appropriate section for your car. good luck
Pretty much sums this site up... H-T or T-I is your best bet, they actually have car enthusiasts with technical knowledge. If it weren't for that one house music guy, this site would be comprised entirely of 15-22 year old dudes talking shit/sucking each other off/begging for rep.

Maybe try the MD forum? In almost all cases, VA>MD... but not necessarily the case when it comes to our "car" site
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 96teg jdm dunk
so i did the revisited bypass of the fluctuation sensor which involved splicing and depinning two wires out of ecu and no difference . same code so im going with that maybe its the dizzy thats bad and or connection issue . is it possible for the car to run half way decent in limp mode if its throwing a crank sensor code ? also while scanning for codes another one popped up it was for the knock sensor . i looked and some how it came unplugged . that seemed to make it run a lil better . jus cant wait for this thing to crack vtec ! well if yall have any ideas or info i appreciate it thanks
Grab a multimeter and do a continuity check between the distributor connector and the ECU connector. You might have a wiring problem, and it's always better to quickly check the wiring and eliminate that as a possible problem instead of replacing the distributor and then finding out you have a wiring problem instead. It may be a bad distributor, but distributors cost money so it's better to check the things that are free (like the wiring) first. The crank angle sensor isn't a powered sensor (it's a variable reluctance sensor, or VR sensor), and there are only two wires to the ECU if I remember correctly. Also check to see if any of the crimp pins have somehow backed out of the connector housings when the harnesses have been unplugged and plugged back in.

It didn't sound like the crank fluctuation sensor was part of the problem at all, but you most likely would have needed to bypass it sooner or later anyway depending on what ECU you were using.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

96teg jdm dunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation thanks for the info fabrik8 !

checked all the connections with a multi meter and its lookin like i needs a dizzy ! and wow those things are expensive brand new . any places i can get one rebuilt or used that any one would suggest ?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: thanks for the info fabrik8 !

checked all the connections with a multi meter and its lookin like i needs a dizzy ! and wow those things are expensive brand new . any places i can get one rebuilt or used that any one would suggest ?
Quote for later

Why did this need a new thread?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Fabrik8 rules, and will 99.9% of the time provide you with exactly what you need to know.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:09 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

cool story, bro
Old 09-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I merged the two threads, just in case anyone is confused....
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 AM
DRINK BEER AND FIGHT

BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI BREWSKI

bap geon......they wanted 223 and 199 if your military.. advance wants 438....FAWK tht