Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic with jerky trottle; rev bounces at 1.5k

Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Civic with jerky trottle; rev bounces at 1.5k

not to be mean but most people should do a tad more research before they buy a car that they know little to nothing about. i have done many swaps and conversions(thanks to fabrik8 for the conversion harness)and the best thing that i can tell you is to do plenty of research BEFORE you buy a car that has been swapped. now while i may be no honda engineer, i know a thing or two about hondas and what to look for as far as problem areas. id NEVER drive a car missing a mount or two on the drive train. that can never be good. there's a reason why they are there. its like in construction.........measure twice...cut once. i hope that makes some sense. its pretty hard to diagnose a problem on the internet. the car really needs to be seen to give an acurate assumption as to what the problem may be. ok there is my 5 cents worth... im going to drink some more beer now... good night!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
not to be mean but most people should do a tad more research before they buy a car that they know little to nothing about. i have done many swaps and conversions(thanks to fabrik8 for the conversion harness)and the best thing that i can tell you is to do plenty of research BEFORE you buy a car that has been swapped. now while i may be no honda engineer, i know a thing or two about hondas and what to look for as far as problem areas. id NEVER drive a car missing a mount or two on the drive train. that can never be good. there's a reason why they are there. its like in construction.........measure twice...cut once. i hope that makes some sense. its pretty hard to diagnose a problem on the internet. the car really needs to be seen to give an acurate assumption as to what the problem may be. ok there is my 5 cents worth... im going to drink some more beer now... good night!
No offense taken. I know I know. I was a little purchase happy. Wanted a Honda again and fast. I made a mistake by purchasing the car without much research, and I definitely paid for it when getting a lot of things replaced/installed. Getting the torque mounts installed when I get the timing belt replaced. Learned my lesson, but the car makes for a decent daily.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Nebrido has disabled reputation

I had the same problem... it may be a small vac leak.. mine ended up being the butterfly wasn't completely closing. good luck
Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nebrido
I had the same problem... it may be a small vac leak.. mine ended up being the butterfly wasn't completely closing. good luck
What do you mean by butterfly? Are you talking about the gate in the throttle body that opens when you give some throttle?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Try cleaning your IAC, mines doing the same thing and the CEL light is on for code 14 which is IAC.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Full-time New Guy

Originally Posted by ryanherington
Try cleaning your IAC, mines doing the same thing and the CEL light is on for code 14 which is IAC.
I actually did clean that in the beginning of the year when I first tried to get rid of the problem. Didn't fix a thing, so I just need to read the codes my car is throwing first. I'm so lazy to figure out how to do it (I know there are tons of threads explaining). Just never done it before.