Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

which clutch

Old 04-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b16 snatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: which clutch

Originally Posted by integra8804
i have the exedy stage 2 3 puck disc on my turbo gsr and it grabs pretty good, and i paid about 450 for the kit, stage 3 exedy runs about 1000+, i was told exedy stage 2 is equivalent to other companies stage 3

me too. this clutch is nice. i installed it expecting to get clutch shudder and really haven't even had that issue. i think it's good up to around 300whp so even if you boost your setup (moderatly) you should be fine

if your gonna step up and get a nice clutch go all the way and get a lightened flywheel.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by b16 snatch
me too. this clutch is nice. i installed it expecting to get clutch shudder and really haven't even had that issue. i think it's good up to around 300whp so even if you boost your setup (moderatly) you should be fine

if your gonna step up and get a nice clutch go all the way and get a lightened flywheel.
Clutches aren't rated for HP, just torque. HP is a function of torque.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Clutches aren't rated for HP, just torque. HP is a function of torque.
which means they could be rated using HP
Old 04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by b16 snatch

what flywheel and how many pounds should i go with? if it helps the motor will able to handle in the range of 9500 to 10k rpm.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Daily driver? Around 12 lb flywheels are pretty good..

under 10 is a bit extreme maybe..
Old 04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I would recommend going with a clutch that barely exceeds your torque goals for the engine. Over all you will be saving your leg and engine from uneeded stress. I have trusted a company called Clutch Specialties with all of my engines. Never had a single problem with their products either.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Project in the makin

Originally Posted by GaRn
Daily driver? Around 12 lb flywheels are pretty good..

under 10 is a bit extreme maybe..
well yea it will daily driven but i would like to be able to take it to the track and be bale to perform
Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Registered member

flywheel isn't going to make any difference on how it performs really, just how it feels.. it may rev quicker when downshifting or in neutral.

The only possible downside I have heard is it might make launching the car more difficult..
Old 05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Project in the makin

when i say track i mean road course maybe one 1/4 mile track just to see what it dose but mainly road course like VIR or summit point
Old 05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered member

Yea I figured you were, I refer to the track as.. the track and the dragstrip as "the strip"

I was just pointing one thing I have heard..

it should be excellent for the track I would assume..

Quick Reply: which clutch