Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch

Old 10-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96blkcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i do have access to an engine hoist, but i would need the help of a friend, im not to accustomed with my car to know how to take the engine out
Old 10-16-2003, 03:24 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

haha, thats would just waste your time to take out the motor to pull a tranny off, its a whole hell of alot easier on a lift then on the damn ground, we pulled my shit in 40 minutes on the lift and had it back in in an hour, and you need a 12 point 10 mil for the pressure plate bolts, you cant use a 6 point cause its a 12 point bolt and it will not loosen and will strip if you try, you also need a 12 point either 17 or 19 for the flywheel so you can take it off and resurface it......good luck there chief.......
Old 10-16-2003, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

deshet has disabled reputation

don't remove the motor!!!!!
I'm 6'6" and have a enough room to work with the car on the ground and the motor in place on a CRX.
if you are in the military or you have a friend that is do it on one of the base hobby shops. much easier on a lift
if not borrow a torque wrench from autozone "free, but you leave a refundable deposit"
all flywheel to pressure plate bolts need to be tighten to 19 inch pound very very important.
most people also say get the flywheel resurfaced for better results......do this if you want it to last!!!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

so, what if i just go ahead and get a new, lightened flywheel, will it still have to be resurfaced?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:07 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

not unless the manufacturer says it needs to be but usually they all come ready to put into the car, you resurface a flywheel to get the grooves out of it from the previous clutch but if its a brand new flywheel, then there was no other clutch, and flywheel bolts get torqued to 75 ft lbs i believe and please make sure you use the clutch alignment tool while putting on the clutch and pressure plate onto the flywheel, dude are you sure you are capable of doing a clutch job on your own, not trying to be a dick or nothing, it just doesnt sound like you are 100 percent capable of doing this on your own, i hope your buddy knows what to do........
Old 10-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

no im not, my buddy knows it all, thanks for the uncertainty, he did his own b16, wiring etc, and integra clutch, and works at coxtons body shop, so its all good
Old 10-16-2003, 08:26 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

ok cool, like i said i wasnt trying to be an ass, i just didnt want you too fuck your shit up, have fun learning dude.............
Old 10-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

thanks, hopefully ill get to participate in it a little, every time they mess with my car they always do it themselves, because the truth is i prob would "fuck my shit up," anyway.......
Old 10-16-2003, 09:06 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
ok cool, like i said i wasnt trying to be an ass, i just didnt want you too fuck your shit up, have fun learning dude.............
SHUT UP RICKY!!!!!you are such a dick!!!!