Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Corrado VR6 Turbo Questions

Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: Corrado VR6 Turbo Questions

Claiming that the piston rings on these motors go out fast is bullshit imo. Sounds like people just arent getting the cars tuned which is almost always the case.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by G60ING
I'd have to call BS to this. I am fairly certain that the VR6 was not designed to be a diesel engine. It was designed for the corrado and the heavy ass passat to pull VW away from just being an economical car/engine. If it were designed for a diesel engine then please provide some proof
Go read. I've read it in numerous places. I know many people who have as well. I agree that the European Corrado and Passat were the first cars with the motors, but I've read that the original plan was for the motor to be a dielsel engine.

Last edited by Corey; 07-18-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Efishnt_coolng has disabled reputation

I have seen NGP VR-T rallye and was there for the first dyno pull. The car was very impressive. The first dyno run they made they snapped 2 axels. I am not a vw guy but i do know that they have not had any issues with that particular setup. Although it is daily driven by any means. And if your wondering how i was there, I am a friend to Steve B. He also has a G60 black rallye and lives in chesapeake. he has known all the guys from ngp since before it was even NGP.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
SHIPRIDER

Vwgtimk3 has disabled reputation

I've seen one pull and man i would love to turbo anything vr6, you won't spend alot of money to make it descently fast either.... as far as reliability its as good as any other car out there that puts down that kinda of power that you guys mentioned earlier.. Some of you guys are talking bout like other car brands last longer with that kind of power you would only think so.....
Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 PM
SHIPRIDER

Originally Posted by G60ING
I'd have to call BS to this. I am fairly certain that the VR6 was not designed to be a diesel engine. It was designed for the corrado and the heavy ass passat to pull VW away from just being an economical car/engine. If it were designed for a diesel engine then please provide some proof

If there's anybody that knows about vw's its this guy........So if you have any questions ask him because i can vouch that he does great things with corrados.....
Old 07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
SHIPRIDER

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Claiming that the piston rings on these motors go out fast is bullshit imo. Sounds like people just arent getting the cars tuned which is almost always the case.

Sometimes i think that people just don't install stuff the right way unless they specialize on a specific brand of car.....
Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

What is funny is that the car that TheGentleArt is refering to was tuned by Rich and his company EIP. These are Flite's favorite people in the world.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Corrado Butcher

G60ING is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Corey
Go read. I've read it in numerous places. I know many people who have as well. I agree that the European Corrado and Passat were the first cars with the motors, but I've read that the original plan was for the motor to be a dielsel engine.
show me a link where it says this and then I won't claim bullshit until then I'll wave the flag. fyi the north american corrados got the motor at the same time as the european market
Old 07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Corrado Butcher

Double Post

Last edited by G60ING; 07-18-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Corrado Butcher

I'm not disagreeing on the tuning with you but I've seen a shit load of built motors with professional tuning come up forsale after having had a new set of rings installed. its all andictotal data but its sure is interesting. If you want to buy the car and prove me wrong that Turbo VRs when tuned right won't eat piston rings then by all means buyit and prove me wrong. If I'm right you will have bought the best rollercoaster ride of a nightmare.

Quick Reply: Corrado VR6 Turbo Questions