Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

cougar supercharged/thunderbird sc

Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85_JSTANG has disabled reputation
Default Re: cougar supercharged/thunderbird sc

thanks supercoupe, yeah i found a few on CL for pretty cheap. i was jus looking for future reference. looking to buy one in the next 6 months or so.

and as for Spawn, first there is a difference in ricer and tuners,ricer is...cheap honda+intake+fart pipe=race car

but when i pass a POS honda sounding like a dirtbike i jus goooootttaaaaa laugh!

ps. i kno an 88 turbocoupe that has smoked every import it pulled up too, so dont go hatin on american.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:08 PM
DA CLAN!

Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 85_JSTANG
thanks supercoupe, yeah i found a few on CL for pretty cheap. i was jus looking for future reference. looking to buy one in the next 6 months or so.

and as for Spawn, first there is a difference in ricer and tuners,ricer is...cheap honda+intake+fart pipe=race car

but when i pass a POS honda sounding like a dirtbike i jus goooootttaaaaa laugh!

ps. i kno an 88 turbocoupe that has smoked every import it pulled up too, so dont go hatin on american.
lol Im working on swaping a 88 thurocoupe engine in my 93 stang now. Fabbing front mount piping.

Nice to see a domestic guy who knows every jap car isnt a ricer, (im a former 240sx owner,happy its gone) but we do have a ass load of them.

I can see a 88 doing some import killing but around here there are some fast imports. Got my ass handed to me just a couple of days ago by a srt4 (had somthing crazy in it) but not when the holset turbo and front mount gets instaled!

Maybe it would be a better way 4 you to go insted of the supercoupe. Almost every major builds on these cars have made 400ish hp for under 5k if you know where to find the parts. Thats including the car.
After getting my turbo instaled,front mount done, oversize valves, port everyting and get it tuned, i want to get aroung 350rwhp. And thats my goal.

Look up www.stinger-performance.com/ and think about it.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 PM
DA CLAN!

Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SPAWN
no we dont.... (have to like american cars)

and unfortunately for you, it will take "them ricer kids" alot less time , and money to completely destroy your T-Bird in their honda....gotta love power to weight....and those Birds Weigh a SHITTON!! but good luck with that...
you might not have to love american cars but with a 98 gsx you MUST love eletrical problems. Maybe your underestimating the power of the ford sc3800.

They do weigh alot but then thats why they came with a SHITTON load of torque stock. Strip out the trunk/back seats, and some interior parts, do some reduction under the hood as well.

Mine made it to the 13's with just porting the supercharger and exhaust after that was done. Dont most turbo and built n/a hondas run around this time And cost about 5k to build?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

supercoupe, great point about the gsx lmao. yeah the sc did put out some crazy torque. so your doing a 4cylturbo swap to ur 88 stang? so whats the diff in the turbocoupe engine and the 4cyl that came in the stangs?

and the 88TC that i was talkin about had an upgraded turbo, i believe a t3. new heads, pistons, and other internals.

i rele love the turbo coupes, thats what i would perfer but i was checkin out some SC lately and they seems like a nice set of wheels too.

and yeah there are some good tuners out here, i watched a cobra get smoked by this honda, turbo was loud as shiitttt. kinda a sleeper from the outside, looked jus like another kid in a honda but when u stepped on it you knew it wasnt.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
DA CLAN!

Originally Posted by 85_JSTANG
supercoupe, great point about the gsx lmao. yeah the sc did put out some crazy torque. so your doing a 4cylturbo swap to ur 88 stang? so whats the diff in the turbocoupe engine and the 4cyl that came in the stangs?

and the 88TC that i was talkin about had an upgraded turbo, i believe a t3. new heads, pistons, and other internals.

i rele love the turbo coupes, thats what i would perfer but i was checkin out some SC lately and they seems like a nice set of wheels too.

and yeah there are some good tuners out here, i watched a cobra get smoked by this honda, turbo was loud as shiitttt. kinda a sleeper from the outside, looked jus like another kid in a honda but when u stepped on it you knew it wasnt.
The 2.3 in the mustang didnt have forged internalsthe 88 tc one and all other stock turbo fords do. 88 is the best year to get a donor car from since it has the best ecu,and intercooler.

As for my swap its goin into a 93 stang.

Check out stingerperfomance(dot)com . the guy is trying to make it to the 10's with one of these engines that has 320k miles!!!!!!! stock everything internaly just ported products. It would be nice to see some more turbo fords out here ripping up the streets.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

gotcha

personally i like the TC style, i would probly just keep the engine in the tbird. take out all that sound dampening crap, clear the trunk and jus try to take out as much weight as possible.

keep me updated on the turbo stang project, sounds like a good/fun build. and yea it would be nice to see more turbo fords, love being different, to many 5.0 out there (not saying i wouldnt buy one )

also u heard of the merkur? it was a ford car but had different badges, (honda/acura) ford scorpio i believe that also had the turbo 2.3 in it. pretty rare car, u can find a couple of them at Ralphs junk yard off route 58. they also have a few TC there too if your looking for parts.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

My sister just bought a 90 cougar yesterday lulz Its a huge ass fucking car.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

If you want a fast forced induction V6 in a grandma car forget the Cougar and get a Buick Grand National or a Buick T-type Regal.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

some of us are as lucky to find a grand national and/or dont have the money to afford it. I like the olds 442 (1983-85) also.

as for the t-type regal, tell me more, havent heard to much about those.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Its basically the same thing as a GN, usually with the 85-86 turbo setup.

Quick Reply: cougar supercharged/thunderbird sc