Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ctr or itr ob2a ecu?for me

Old 02-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ExoticGunplay has disabled reputation
Default ctr or itr ob2a ecu?for me

I have a 97 ek hatch, with a 99jdm itr swap. i am currently runing a p72 gsr ecu wiht this swap, and cant afford a hondata tunning and all that. MAd on the budget.i Was wondering which would you guys recommend over the other. I just want more of a tad aggressive fuel maps and vtech points and all. just a bit more aggressive ecu. ANy info would be happily appreciated man.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: ctr or itr ob2a ecu?for me

Get the ECU that's for that engine. The differences between the maps in the ITR and CTR ECUs will be minor, but given the choice I'd definately get the one that tuned for your engine. It's a no brainer. There are minor differences in the tuning because of the stroke, cams, etc.. You're handicapping yourself with the GSR ECU, that's for sure.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

ExoticGunplay has disabled reputation
Default Re: ctr or itr ob2a ecu?for me

yea man, tell me bout it.. i had this ecu with the swap for about two years. I thought i was gonna tune with hondata which i didnt happend but i had the car sitting in my garrage for 6 months now but now this is my daily. Yea i am gonna get a p73. makes sense. its made for my mottor.go figure, theres someone around myway trying to sell me his pct ecu. tryin hype me to buy it. thanks bro. Yea vtec sucks ass in 3rd shit donesnt pull worth for shit. . i should of hunted when i first got the swap done. oh well.shit happends. thanks again