Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D series help needed

Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: D series help needed

Originally Posted by johncarlito
well i guess your right on the easy part!; cuz if u do have the motor already in the car and in healthy condition slaping on a cosmetic gasket and turbo sounds the easiest, but then again if the motor isn't built the relaibility will never be there!! but I still say swaping her would be the best,keep in mind the value does go up, this is the reason we buy hondas!! can i get an amen aaaaaaaamennnnn!!lol!!!
I'm just goin after a clean, easy, simple, budget build... This is my first H-car and my first "performance" based car... So, theres a lot of things that are new to me here... So, why go spend thousands of dollars to build a B motor to blow up and figure out what I did wrong when I got a healthy D I can fuck w/ and learn on?... I'm a H-car noob... But, if you wanna talk minitrucks I can tell you just bout anything you wanna know...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I'm just goin after a clean, easy, simple, budget build... This is my first H-car and my first "performance" based car... So, theres a lot of things that are new to me here... So, why go spend thousands of dollars to build a B motor to blow up and figure out what I did wrong when I got a healthy D I can fuck w/ and learn on?... I'm a H-car noob... But, if you wanna talk minitrucks I can tell you just bout anything you wanna know...
lol!! i feel u !! i dont know jack s#$%t about minitrucks ,but when it comes to honda i can't stop talkin ! i dont want to down u or anything but i was getting the feeling that u are a noob to honda cuz most honda guy ditched d series quick !!!! well that's good u know minitruck that way i can learn something that isnt honda!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by johncarlito
lol!! i feel u !! i dont know jack s#$%t about minitrucks ,but when it comes to honda i can't stop talkin ! i dont want to down u or anything but i was getting the feeling that u are a noob to honda cuz most honda guy ditched d series quick !!!! well that's good u know minitruck that way i can learn something that isnt honda!!!
Since I've gotten into the Honda thing, I've already gotten tired of everyone cramming B and K series down everyones' throats...
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

lol!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

put together a decent turbo setup and spend some time or money on the tuning and you should have a pretty quick, reliable car.

I've put about 50k on my turbo d. I've autox'd it a few times and have been driving it daily for a couple years, don't really dog the shit out of it on a daily basis. It even passes emissions no problem.

Just do lots of research and you'll figure it all out. It's been so long I don't remember what the whole setup cost. I'm thinking about 1800$ all buttoned up. But with a few tweaks here and there (less than $1000) I can easily squeeze 350whp out of it.

Last edited by kyle h.; 11-06-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb

You dont need a new harness. Just a p28 ecu and a d16z6 head. The swap is pretty basic, just remember to pull the oil plug out of the block before you put the new head on. After you get the new head on their are a couple of wires that need to be routed for the vtec to work, but nothing big. You will also need to upgrade your octane. it wont run a regular anymore. Their are a million right-ups on the internet about this, just look up "mini me swap".
Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 AM
DSM 4 Life

Zozrulz has disabled reputation

thanks for the help everyone
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

EG6R has disabled reputation

yea any d series vtec head will work id say just wait for a deal to come by and pick it up