Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d series turbo Q's

Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: d series turbo Q's

disregard the hate completely and go make your self a login name at d-series.org

but to answer your question you can daily a turbo d without doing internals as long as you have a very conservative tune and some odds n ends, although i wouldn't advise it. your looking at rods,pistons,injectors, fuel pump, valve train etc to do it right.... stock clutch is going to start slipping after awhile too.

don't let ppl try and shit on you for doing a d-series, its a common bad habit of the honda community to disregard the d completely and just throw yet another b in.

personally i wouldn't bother trying to boost it on the stock internals unless you want to send a rod through your block because once its boosted your not gonna be able to control the erg to beat on it more than you already do.

Originally Posted by Silva Bullit DC
Your power goal will determine the size of your injectors, turbo, etc. Don't base it on just psi alone. A Walbro 255 lph will suffice, as far as a fuel pump is concerned, based on what you've stated.

Your post is lacking info, state what D series you have, what kind of power you're shooting for, what size turbo you have, and what engine management your tuner is going to be tuning with.
learn from this, he speaks truth.
and the tune can make or break your build just fyi.

Last edited by Hooch; 01-15-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 AM
QUOTES YOUR DUMBASS

unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum unuzual kustum

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
disregard the hate completely and go make your self a login name at d-series.org

but to answer your question you can daily a turbo d without doing internals as long as you have a very conservative tune and some odds n ends, although i wouldnt advise it. your looking at rods,pistons,injectors, fuel pump, valve train etc to do it right.... stock clutch is going to start slipping after awhile too.

dont let ppl try and shit on you for doing a d-series, its a common bad habit of the honda community to disregard the d completely and just throw yet another b in.

Was a joke, don't fucking cry about it. I already answered his question in the post above.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Sheeeit

Don't get your panties in a knot kiddo, unless you like that kind of thing.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by eghatch
boosting a stock 93 foor door civic not looking to push anymore then 230h.im just asking if you run 7lbs on a stock d series will it hold.

an im not sure on what tuner im going to use etc like i said im looking for good power not crazy
I wonder where you get that wild number from? on a stock d series under 10 lbs you will do around 200hp....MAYBE
Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
I wonder where you get that wild number from? on a stock d series under 10 lbs you will do around 200hp....MAYBE
Yeah, what Forrest said.

I'm doing the same thing on my y8 come spring. Just go pick up a garret t25, run the internal wastegate, small piping, small inter-cooler. Run that t25 at 8-10 psi and you'll be fine.

Now, as stated above the size of the turbo will determine your power increase per PSI as will the changes you make to internals. The d-series is notorious for being able to handle 6-10 psi with no problem on any small-smallish turbo. That is why I recommended the t25. It's a good starting turbo and they tend to be cheap as fuck.

P.S. you can always upgrade later, or build a second motor for boost and drop it in.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

LS1
Old 01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by Dillweed
LS1
Agreed. 3x the power of the d series. stock.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Sheeeit

there is the civette on youtube...all it can manage to do is burn up tires and do donuts while looking like a jack ass who wishes they could drift.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Ahh, I miss bwells dingle slammer
Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by eghatch
looll@my thread turn'd to rage.
oh hey ...you are back...

but to make sure you know an answer......you can expect to make about 170-190 hp with an ebay turbo kit on 7-10lbs with a single cam....