Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!

Old 08-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!

The pinout of the P08 is exactly the same as any other OBD1 Honda ECU. They're all the same, some are just missing things like vtec, IAB, a few O2 sensors wires for your P08, etc. You can look at a P28 or P30 pinout, and just remember you only have one O2 sensor wire. Here's an OBD1 P28/P30/P72/P74/P75/PR3/PR4/PW0/P08 pinout. Disregard the knock sensor wire, everything else is identical to your ECU.
http://tech2.hybridgarage.com/ecu.php?ecutype=p30_obd1
Old 08-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

i need a picture of this pinout....so i can match...

b/c i remember when you told me where pin d14 is and i went and looked and there is a wire coming out of that spot going to the tach...i dont knwo what else to look at...

plug D is the farthest plug on the right (when you are looking at the plugs), and pin 14 is the 2nd from the far right on the d plug...

i know...i just dont see the empty spot..
Old 08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Bearded.

MY CAR WONT SPARK>>>>please>>>>>HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

udumkid has disabled reputation

check timing,timing belt,tension on timing belt.check valve clearence.also swap out ecu to other ob1 ecu.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Bearded.

-ok...the valve clearence will not keep it from starting...its a 35K miels JDM motor....i highly doubt the valve clearence is a problem
-timing belt tension is tight, but not to tight
-timing is corect
-and the ecu is not bad, b/.c it wouldnt even turn over if the ecu was bad
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

don't believe when people tell you "this engine only has 35k on it"the only reason they tell you that is to sell their product.Dont you think its much easier to sell an engine w/low milage to the one w/higher milage?

and who told you that w/a bad ecu that the car won't crank? the fuel pump still has power regardless if the ecu is bad and there's still a signal to the starter w/o an ecu. improper valve clearence will prevent the car from starting. due to the improper air fuel mixture.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

THe ECU pinouts are listed on HondaTech. It's got the pictures and how the pins are numbered and everything..
Old 08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Bearded.

ok you sir are a fuckign idiot for thinking that my JDM d15b from hmo has high mileage...

how many peopel do you tink buyy motors from HMO everyday? you know how many people think they are the best supplier in the US? shuit the fuck up dumbass....

and ill take chris's advice over yours...you just joined drag...thankx tho
Old 08-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Racetracks

Yeah, the car will still crank, I've actually cranked my car without the ECU hooked up, just a stupid brain lapse, it will crank but not run. Without a trigger signal from the ECU the ignition system won't work, etc. If you're smelling gas your injectors sound like they're working, just poke around in the ignition some more if you aren't getting any spark. This is going to be something simple, it ran before with non-critical CELs...

Have you checked to see if you are getting power (battery voltage) from your ignition switch to your coil and ICM? I'm starting to wonder if you have a wiring issue between your dizzy and switch, or a problem with the switch itself, because your dizzy has the coil and ICM in it. You said that you already tested the coil and ICM, but have to tested whether they are getting power and whether they have ground continuity? You can test this by unplugging the wires from the ICM and coil, putting the lock cyl in the ON position and testing for battery voltage on the black/yellow wire going to each. You don't need anything other than a multimeter between black/yel and the engine block..

Go here if you need, it's the best I could find short term..
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-28-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

You ignorant idiot what does it have to do with me just joining dragva. From what I see you also joined in 2005, dumbass.

Let me ask you something: Were you actually there when they pulled the motor out? "Tell me what was the mileage on the odometer". Once again, kid "just because they tell you that the motor has certain milleage, that does not mean it does". You gullable, kid. Hahahaha.................

also,dont post this car for sale.Tell me who in their right mind is going to buy a 89 CRX with a non-working sohc vtec motor for $1,700. That tells a lot about you, dumb fuck.

And just for the records my car with a JDM D15B is running perfectly, what about yours?

Words of advice: Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

You, sir are the weakest link. Good bye.

Last edited by udumkid; 08-28-2005 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!