Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dead battery cell or bad altenator??

Old 12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: dead battery cell or bad altenator??

ayoooooooo.

get rid of your garbage walmart battery though.

get a interstate
Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 PM
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

Originally Posted by Marlinspike22
A old school trick to test the alt is to pull off the positive batt terminal while its running, if the car dies, it could be the alt. deff get it tested. Make sure your belt is tightened too
Dont do this. If you have any sensitive electronics in your car (Dont know what year/make/model.) it could fuck them up. Take it to pep boys. Tell them you want a start and charge eval. Its 9.99.

and if its the battery, just buy it inside and put it in yourself. Save the 15 bucks.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by cbradio
Dont do this. If you have any sensitive electronics in your car (Dont know what year/make/model.) it could fuck them up.

Well done, thank you.

That's an old-school trick because old school cars don't have very many things which are susceptible to damage. Modern electronics shouldn't be damaged by that (they should have protection built in) but that's not something I really want to rely on.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 12-30-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:05 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

SHHHHHHH, dont tell them, i said OLD SCHOOl for a reason
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

whatever faggot negged me for saying pay the 9.99, because its free everywhere else- fuck you. everywhere else runs just the battery test, whereas pep boys checks for alternator output (with and without load). Which is what the op had a doubt about. Even pep boys will test your battery for free, IF you take it out of your car and bring it in.