Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Detonation

Old 03-20-2006 | 06:36 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley
Default Re: Detonation

I never said anyone was wrong. Perhaps I misunderstood you. I can understand if things are getting so hot that even higher octane fuel will pre ignite.
Old 03-20-2006 | 07:27 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by growley
I never said anyone was wrong. Perhaps I misunderstood you. I can understand if things are getting so hot that even higher octane fuel will pre ignite.
oh well, I don't think they guy is responding
Old 03-21-2006 | 04:34 PM
Owner

allmotorSOHC has disabled reputation

its pointless to argue, we should help the guy with the problem not bicker like kids. im gonna back down from this one.
Old 03-21-2006 | 05:07 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allmotorSOHC
its pointless to argue, we should help the guy with the problem not bicker like kids. im gonna back down from this one.
I backed down before you did!

Old 03-22-2006 | 04:28 AM
Owner

allmotorSOHC has disabled reputation

this should clear things up. http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national...knockping.tmpl
http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Articl...ne/Detonation/

Last edited by allmotorSOHC; 03-22-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-22-2006 | 02:57 PM
farfrumluzin

2.0 turbo a2 has disabled reputation

fuel type does help with det.. not that much but it does help
Old 03-22-2006 | 05:48 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by 2.0 turbo a2
fuel type does help with det.. not that much but it does help
I think what we are trying to establish is the fact that if its detectable by just driving, its more likely pre-ignition and not detonation, in which case higher octane would probably not solve the problem..

I think he isn't even watching the thread anyways..