Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Motor Problems/questions

Old 11-11-2002, 12:07 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by drifter
who cares if it isnt crankwalk...drop that shitty 2g motor for a 1g..its worth it in the long run
and your an idiot.

if it's crankwalk, get a 1g motor, or a imported motor. there is no such thing as a cyclone motor. some imported motors will come with a cyclone intake manifold that is a total piece of shit, and you wil lwant to drop it and put your current manifold on it. the imported motors are the same internally as a 1G motor. DSMs are expensive shit and easy to fuck up, if you don't know what you're talking about don't give this guy advice. he says he has a problem with his crank angle sensor and you al lare telling him to buy a 1g parts car and shit, wtf? yes, the 1g motor has a different designed block that is much less prone to crankwalk, but why the FUCK would he need to go get the entire drivetrain off one? not to mention it wouldn't fit.

here is your solution:

check your car for crankwalk. if it is crankwalk, i know a guy selling a 1G motor in fredericksburg i can hook you up with. it will need to be built but you might as well do that while the motor is out of the car anyway. do not replace it with another 2g 7 bolt, it might walk just like this one. do not rebuild this motor, it will walk again. if you have to replace your motor you need a 1g block. hell you could get a 1g block and use the 2g head you already have and call it a day.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

drifter is an unknown quantity at this point

im sorry i dont know as much about dsm's than you, but my point was that the 1g motor is far less prone to crankwalk and it would be smart to use the 1g motor...especially if he's planning on highly modifying it

chill guys
Old 11-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default motor:

Ok well i think im gonna do a 4g64 conversion depending on how much of a hook up i get from HighPSI TSI Guy..... PM me with soem figures and info on the motor....
For some explanation:
In my car now is a 7 bolt 4g63 for those who dont know.... i will be building 4g64 hybrid which is a very hefty little motor... read more about it on forums... its expensive to do and time consuming and there has to be some modifications doen... but i work at Pomoco Chrysler on Jefferson and get discounted prices on all Mitsubishi stuff ^_^ WHHEEE for me...
So if anyone is selling a4g64 motor or a 1g motor let me know the numbers and what it consist of.... Thanks guys

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 11-11-2002 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:16 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by drifter
im sorry i dont know as much about dsm's than you, but my point was that the 1g motor is far less prone to crankwalk and it would be smart to use the 1g motor...especially if he's planning on highly modifying it

chill guys
sorry for beeing so harsh, but if that's what you meant, then say that instead.

did you actually expect him to get "the 1g motor is far less prone to crankwalk and it would be smart to use the 1g motor" out of "drop the 2g motor"? say it if you want in the main discussion, but this is the tech area, the idea is to get USEFUL information, not to waste space.

what you said wasn't what i was most mad about, your's was jsut the one i happend to click the quote button for. some of the other suggestions were a LOT more pointless, stupid, and wrong.

2muchboost, check your PMs

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 11-11-2002 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: motor:

Originally posted by 2MchBoost4U
Ok well i think im gonna do a 4g64 conversion depending on how much of a hook up i get from HighPSI TSI Guy..... PM me with soem figures and info on the motor....
For some explanation:
In my car now is a 7 bolt 4g63 for those who dont know.... i will be building 4g64 hybrid which is a very hefty little motor... read more about it on forums... its expensive to do and time consuming and there has to be some modifications doen... but i work at Pomoco Chrysler on Jefferson and get discounted prices on all Mitsubishi stuff ^_^ WHHEEE for me...
So if anyone is selling a4g64 motor or a 1g motor let me know the numbers and what it consist of.... Thanks guys
go for it there money bags
Old 11-11-2002, 04:04 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

yeah as long as i dont get hit from behind ill be ok ^_^ itll be tight but i might just go 1g its cheaper i can be just as fast...and i can find a way to create the low end torque like a 4g64 but i dont know still.... ill have to make a decision soon though because i dont know how long my temp. fix will hold out...if at all
Old 11-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Doin' it

well if thats the case there little nicky...perhaps you might want to change your sig
Old 11-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Doin' it

maybe to........damn..i wish i knew exactly what the hell i was doing instead of posting my ass off
Old 11-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

im gonna keep it like that until i know for sure what im gonna do..... money is some what of a factor.... i dont wanna pull a steve and like you said have something else break like my wonderful tranny and be stuck
Old 11-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Doin' it

yeah no shit...that would suck

Quick Reply: DSM Motor Problems/questions