Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Motor Problems/questions

Old 11-11-2002, 05:57 PM
No Name Who?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Has anyone thopught about the fact that he just bought a act clutch and fidanza 7 bolt flywheel.

Would any of you want to go buy another 400 dollar flywheel?

4G64 is what I would do. The pistons are the only thing you have to worry about. They are the only part of the swap that will have to be custom.

Rods are the same from the 4G63-64. You will use the stock 4G64 crank. You will need to buy DOHC galant cam gears and timing belt. I believe jun makes a set of adjustables if you don't care for stock. You will need to use the 4g64 head gasket.

Thats basically it. I will look into it more for you if you want. I also have almost all the motor specs if you want them.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:14 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

expensive route but it would be nice.. he could reuse the head he already has, and keep the 7 bolt flywheel.. although he could just find a 7 bolt 1g motor..
Old 11-11-2002, 07:17 PM
No Name Who?

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
although he could just find a 7 bolt 1g motor..
I told him that too. But, the 4g64 would be much more fun. Thats why i recommended that route. : )
Old 11-11-2002, 07:53 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ninety7GSX
I told him that too. But, the 4g64 would be much more fun. Thats why i recommended that route. : )
of course.. 4g64 would own .. long way off for me though.. my tranny converted itself to FWD on saturday so anyone who knows of a 1g AWD being parted out with a low mileage tranny, hit me up..
Old 11-11-2002, 09:10 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

My best wishes on the 4G64 swap, I realllllly hope you can do it cause it will be a beast for sure, I certanly wouldnt fuck with your car with that motor
Old 11-11-2002, 09:17 PM
No Name Who?

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
of course.. 4g64 would own .. long way off for me though.. my tranny converted itself to FWD on saturday so anyone who knows of a 1g AWD being parted out with a low mileage tranny, hit me up..
The 90 talon that I'm getting my motor from has 100 thousand on it. I could get the tranny out of it for you. I will have to talk to the guy about how much he wants for it. Hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Late
Old 11-12-2002, 12:37 AM
huh?what? your funny

blktalon is an unknown quantity at this point

okay so maybe i'm not up to speed.....the 4g64 is a beast motor? why is this and what's up on the spec's and protential? i maybe interested in this swap..
Old 11-12-2002, 06:23 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Originally posted by blktalon
okay so maybe i'm not up to speed.....the 4g64 is a beast motor? why is this and what's up on the spec's and protential? i maybe interested in this swap..
it's not a straight 4g64 motor.. i guess we were a bit confusing.. we are referring to the 4g63/64 hybrid motor.. it uses a 2.4L version of the same block.. this is the block used in the 4g64.. so we take the 4g64 block, and put the better 4g63 head on it, and build the block.. so we basicly end up with a 2.4L 4g63

hope that explanation helps..
Old 12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

westonbarton has disabled reputation
Default Re: DSM Motor Problems/questions

id stick with the first gen motor,but i had alot of problems with the car. so i junked it and got a s-10 with a v-8. i still got the motor out of the dsm if you intrested turbo
Old 12-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: DSM Motor Problems/questions

Originally Posted by westonbarton
id stick with the first gen motor,but i had alot of problems with the car. so i junked it and got a s-10 with a v-8. i still got the motor out of the dsm if you intrested turbo
Why the fuck are you postin in threads that haven't been posted in in fuckin years bro?! You not pay attention to post dates?

Quick Reply: DSM Motor Problems/questions