Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!

Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!

check compression.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:04 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
check compression.
also try checking compression if you haven't already
Old 10-09-2004, 01:05 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

and as someone already said, check compression
Old 10-09-2004, 01:05 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

and if you haven't gotten a clue yet... GO FUCKING CHECK THE COMPRESSION!

THEN come tell me you're out of ideas
Old 10-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

I think if anyone on this board were smart they would say check compression....... har har
Old 10-09-2004, 06:32 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve

thanx for being asses!!!! i don't know how to check compression but i guess i'll read up on it. thats prolly the only thing i've never done on a car. oh as for the checking compression shit, i'd rather check someones ecu first to see if thats the problem.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:14 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

check compression.

and as someone already said, check compression

and if you haven't gotten a clue yet... GO FUCKING CHECK THE COMPRESSION!

THEN come tell me you're out of ideas

checking compression is alot quicker then swapping an ECU. not to mention it wont piss someone off if you fry their ECU on your shitpot.

timing belt jumped. check compression.

or buy a honda. seems that you are on the same level as most civic owners with this thread.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

I'm glad to see everyone backing me when I say check the compression. hehe

Thats probably the first thing I look to when I run into a motor prob, it tells you a lot.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:38 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Rockybling can only hope to improve

yea, i'm gonna get my buddy that works at custom car care to bring his kit home so we can check it. whats the average compression through the 4 cylinders? whats the odds of the car having bad compression all of a sudden w/ the engine making no bad sounds or anything like that?

-mike
Old 10-11-2004, 04:10 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

odds are great that it jumped a tooth. especially if you run the shit out or it (read: high RPM's)

the actual compression numbers arent what you are looking at (unless they are real low, like below 110ish) but you are looking for a difference in pressures between cylinders. timing belt jumed, you bent most of the exhaust valves, and a few intakes.

just my uneducated guess

Quick Reply: DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!