Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!

Old 10-11-2004, 05:55 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockybling can only hope to improve
Default Re: DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!

nope, don't run her hard. i was actually sitting in traffic doing around 10 or so when the car just decided to turn off.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:56 PM
04 M3

BzTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point

okay okay .....before we get out of control and go over the edge on something that may be simple to fix .....dont spend no more money trying to figure it out do the world a favor and take it to tuners edge spend a nice 60$ and they will take care of you and look at it and run compression checks , check timing all that and more or look for me at the meet up spots on sat night im the guy with the black eclipse gsx my name is brandon i dont know what your problem is but i know some people that can maybe help you out but you probrobly wanna take it to tuners edge ask for chris hes a dsm freak and 100$ says he wont figure it out any takers.......good luck on fixing it and if you dont know where there located go here www.tunersedge.com
Old 10-11-2004, 06:02 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

100 bucks says i won't figure it out? hmm..... oh and yea, i've talked to chris. i got my bad ecu from him and forgot to take it back to get my money back. hes a nice guy. the problem has to be simple and hopefully my compression check tomorrow will show nothing bad. i have a mechanic looking at it tomorrow (one of my buddy's) so hopefully we can figure it out saying that i have troubleshot everything except the compression and testing w/ a 100% guaranteed good ecu!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:48 PM
confused

badfishfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rockybling
100 bucks says i won't figure it out? hmm..... oh and yea, i've talked to chris. i got my bad ecu from him and forgot to take it back to get my money back. hes a nice guy. the problem has to be simple and hopefully my compression check tomorrow will show nothing bad. i have a mechanic looking at it tomorrow (one of my buddy's) so hopefully we can figure it out saying that i have troubleshot everything except the compression and testing w/ a 100% guaranteed good ecu!
i still have your money waiting on you when your ready to to bring me the ecu back. hit me up
Old 10-12-2004, 12:26 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

sup chris. yea, i totally forgot about the ecu. i just felt it would be rude asking you like 20 years later! . but thanx man, your awesome.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:53 PM
LTDTEAM.COM

weird, went to check compression and got 0 on all cylinders??????? so we checked on my brothers celica to see if it worked and got 160 on his # 1 cylinder. got any ideas now? i'd love some ideas what could be wrong now but will be calling tuners edge tomorrow to hopefully get an appointment unless someone knows whats the deal!!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:49 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

hmmm, broken timing belt with all valves stuck open?!?!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:01 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

taken a look at the timing belt lately?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:03 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Sitting in traggic cars overheat, especially ones with low/bad coolant and ones with shitty cooling. (1G's)

Like I said sounds like it overheated and warped the head. Pull it and check head warpage. Thats where my money is, it is also why my motor is torn apart.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Unconfirmed User

88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
hmmm, broken timing belt with all valves stuck open?!?!
no i looked at his timing belt when i was down there, it is in 1 piece. i didn't have a lot of time to look it over.
but mike, if you got 0 on all 4 cyl.s you had to have done the test wrong. even with a blown head gasket you would have gotten something. warped head......possible. to bad i have you other motor now.

Quick Reply: DSM problems!!! HELP PLEASE!