Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Question

Old 02-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Re: DSM Question

ahhh corn, what a useless piece of food. Whats the point in eating it it does nothing for you it just goes right through you. Any who, what does that have to do with my problem?
Old 02-04-2004, 03:40 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

if youre running to much boost it will run like ass
Old 02-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

turbotalon95 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, the stock gauge is not accurate at all, it might say 14psi, but might really be near 20 which will cause your car to pull timing like crazy in an attempt to not blow your motor. Running too much boost can also cause sputtering and all kinds of other nastyness as well. Id suggest to turn the boost back to stock until you get a real gauge.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

ight ill try that and see what happens

Edit: ok i turned the boost down as far as my controller ould got, it helps some, but once i get into boost thats when the car starts to sputter. Tommorow im gonna change my pil and put 10w30 back in it and ill see if that hlps since i didnt start having these problems till i put the thicker oil and lucas additive in.

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 02-04-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:10 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

whoa lucas addative and thincker oil fuck that.

dude put some good synthetic in there and leave it alone till its due to be changed again.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Taking the shot

well i actually thought it was over kill with the oil when i did it but for some reason i did it any way to see if it fixed the lifter tick, it didnt so tommorow ima change the oil back, any suggestins on what kind to use?
Old 02-04-2004, 08:11 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

mobil valvoline something like that synthetic
5 or 1030 is fine
Old 02-05-2004, 06:20 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

i use valvoline, works great for me
Old 02-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

check the following...

Boost solonoid
Fuel lines
fuel pressure regulator
fuel filter..

I bet its one of those im gussin more towards the solonoid or its a fuel problem.. but im guessin soloniod.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:11 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

change the spark plugs..... why hasn't anyone mentioned that yet?

Quick Reply: DSM Question