Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Question

Old 02-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Re: DSM Question

I dunno but im going to check the easiest thing first. What I think the problem is in my mad quest to fix the lifter tick I royally fucked up and gunked up my turbo when i put in the thicker oil plus lucas additive, im guessing this is the problem because i didnt start having any problwms until i changed the oil the first time. Plus the car only stumbles once i get into boost other wise it works fine. Its a little too wet tonight to test it out with the thiner oil, but ill try it first thing in the morning.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:40 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
I dunno but im going to check the easiest thing first. What I think the problem is in my mad quest to fix the lifter tick I royally fucked up and gunked up my turbo when i put in the thicker oil plus lucas additive, im guessing this is the problem because i didnt start having any problwms until i changed the oil the first time. Plus the car only stumbles once i get into boost other wise it works fine. Its a little too wet tonight to test it out with the thiner oil, but ill try it first thing in the morning.
sounds like spark plugs. change them, it takes 30 seconds to do
Old 02-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Alright i changed the oil and its still stumbling. I checked the spark plugs there all good. Now the cars starting to stutter just when i get on the accelerator. Fuel Problem So im going to take it up to the shop and get a tuneup, new plugs ,fuelfilter, belts etc. then see what happens after that. I will fix it! Damn u DSM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

wantarace95GSX is an unknown quantity at this point

fuel filter, have you done anything to your car. I had the same problem but i was running stupid lean. Do you have any check engine lights? If you do you have a bad 02.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Taking the shot

No dummy lights on, only mods ive done are cut open the air can and a mbc. i never touched the MAS and i havnt even taken out the silencer, all i did was cut part of the air can off.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Hey I have the same problem. I drive a 97 turbo'd Talon, I changed my spark plugs, and my fuel filter, Although I still have not changed any evaporative emission hoses. Which is where I have a leak. Monday ill be replacing those lines and I will let you know if anything has changed.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:10 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

make sure they change the spark plug wires cuz they dont last long with dsms
Old 02-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

ericlws66 is on a distinguished road

get a real boost gauge. my friends vr4 was doin same thing, we hooked up a boost gauge and it wasnt building boost at all. His turbo was shot to hell.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

checking doesn't tell you shit.. its' fuckin like $7 for 4 BPR6ES's at advanced auto, and takes literally 1 minutes to do. also borrow someone's wires. check for boost leaks as well.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Taking the shot

Ya i know thats why im taking the car up to my friends shop in Hampton. Getting new plugs, wires, belts, filters, and all the fluids changed. I'm hoping this helps but if not then im going have to start checking for leaks. But even if i had a leak wouldnt the car just not be able to get to full boost? I dont think its a leak because my car stutters even when im not in boost aka:under normal acceleration keeping the rpms below 3000. Im hoping that its just somehting stupi like a fuel filter or plugs or something. i was already going up there to get my car alligned(sp) so i figure i might as well get them to do a tune up whyll its alrdy there. O and i dont want to use Platnium plugs right?

Quick Reply: DSM Question