Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM TCU Question

Old 06-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DSM TCU Question

Originally Posted by Sickinger
Alright, went and did the diag with a multimeter. It seemed to flash real quick on a lot of random numbers but always seemed to build up to Code 11, which is Excessive Large TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) output. I am using an auto-range sensing multimeter, and I hope that isn't throwing my readings off, but 11 is the highest number it went to.
what i gathered from this....is that you pinned out a code for a TPS Circuit High Voltage.

check the connector to the TPS and see if it is either backed out or loose

as far as why your trans is acting up...the TPS sensor is one of the major inputs to your trans. so its a good chance once you fix the tps issue your trans will be back to normal. hope this helps a little
Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sickinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DSM TCU Question

Originally Posted by sprack
what i gathered from this....is that you pinned out a code for a TPS Circuit High Voltage.

check the connector to the TPS and see if it is either backed out or loose

as far as why your trans is acting up...the TPS sensor is one of the major inputs to your trans. so its a good chance once you fix the tps issue your trans will be back to normal. hope this helps a little
Thank you much. I'll try that and give a progress report in a little bit.