Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

e brake light coming on

Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1
Default Re: e brake light coming on

Originally Posted by ruger988
Im willing to bet the kid probably needs brakes regardless given his posts..probably been driving the piss out of the car for a year or two and given them no second thought, could be wrong..but knowing this board...I' thinking it's a safe guess.
your a jackass
and completely wrong
i got the car in feburary and have put 2000 miles on it since
brakes are brand new i found the reciept in the trunk from the pads and rotors from napa janurary 21 2009
on that note...
the brake fluid solved the problem.
im guessing when the guy before me opened the brake bleeder to change pads and rotors, he didnt put more fluid in it.
it dosent leave spots or anything where i park it, iv been under the car many times putting a new clutch in and no leaks
thanks for the people who actually helped, and to this guy -rep
EDIT: i just went to advance auto and got some dot 3 and put it in right there in the parking lot and the light went away and didnt come on during the ride home.

Last edited by emgjsdk1; 05-05-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by emgjsdk1
your a jackass
and completely wrong
i got the car in feburary and have put 2000 miles on it since
brakes are brand new i found the reciept in the trunk from the pads and rotors from napa janurary 21 2009
on that note...
the brake fluid solved the problem.
im guessing when the guy before me opened the brake bleeder to change pads and rotors, he didnt put more fluid in it.
it dosent leave spots or anything where i park it, iv been under the car many times putting a new clutch in and no leaks
thanks for the people who actually helped, and to this guy -rep
EDIT: i just went to advance auto and got some dot 3 and put it in right there in the parking lot and the light went away and didnt come on during the ride home.
a quick suggestion

if the light does happen to come on again, re check your fluid. and if its not that try checking to see if the button that sends the signal to your dash once you put your e-brake on. see if that is sticking its located under the ebrake towards the rear of it, should be a little black button that when you pull your ebrake up it pushes down on it and sends a signal to light up your dash. Alot of the times fluids like sodas, water and some foods that have been dropped and the occasional dust accumlate around that little button causing it to stick. Im not 100% sure on your vehicle but your ebrake should be controlled from the handle to the back brakes by a wire, then from the wire it pulls on your ebrake when applied...if you have drum brakes.
so adding fluid dont seem to cure the "ebrake light" problem...im not 100% sure like i said so take everybodys advice and hope you fix the problem

Last edited by brandon.beene; 05-05-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Originally Posted by emgjsdk1
your a jackass
and completely wrong

Know how I know you're an idiot?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Know how I know you're an idiot?
lol you must not like that guy..
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
lol you must not like that guy..
Didn't have a problem with him (don't even know who the hell it is) until he was a douche about me making a suggestion that could potentially save his life/wallet (checking his brakes before it was too late)
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Didn't have a problem with him (don't even know who the hell it is) until he was a douche about me making a suggestion that could potentially save his life/wallet (checking his brakes before it was too late)
yea sometimes its like that. lol to begin with im pretty sure that the ebrake is controlled by wire on that car not by fluid.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Chicken Little

Pretty much any car will throw a brake light with low fluid.. but if his fluid's low it's low for a reason..and you don't lose fluid changing brake pads...unless you're a complete idiot, but then again...lol
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Pretty much any car will throw a brake light with low fluid.. but if his fluid's low it's low for a reason..and you don't lose fluid changing brake pads...unless you're a complete idiot, but then again...lol
o yeah if your fluid is low your lights going to come on. but as far as what he said about his ebrake it just dont make sense..only way i can think about loosing fluid by changing the pads is if you open the bleed line, but you dont need to do that to change out the pads lol...but then again like you said, it would have to be for another reason
Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1

o really...
because when you change brake pads, you can open the bleeder to compress the caliper to get the new pads to go over the rotor with no trouble
Old 05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
a quick suggestion

if the light does happen to come on again, re check your fluid. and if its not that try checking to see if the button that sends the signal to your dash once you put your e-brake on. see if that is sticking its located under the ebrake towards the rear of it, should be a little black button that when you pull your ebrake up it pushes down on it and sends a signal to light up your dash. Alot of the times fluids like sodas, water and some foods that have been dropped and the occasional dust accumlate around that little button causing it to stick. Im not 100% sure on your vehicle but your ebrake should be controlled from the handle to the back brakes by a wire, then from the wire it pulls on your ebrake when applied...if you have drum brakes.
so adding fluid dont seem to cure the "ebrake light" problem...im not 100% sure like i said so take everybodys advice and hope you fix the problem
i took up the center consol to see if this was the problem but the sensor and push botton both worked fine but thanks tho

Quick Reply: e brake light coming on