Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

e brake light coming on

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1
Default Re: e brake light coming on

Originally Posted by ruger988
Pretty much any car will throw a brake light with low fluid.. but if his fluid's low it's low for a reason..and you don't lose fluid changing brake pads...unless you're a complete idiot, but then again...lol
you dont read very well do you....
Old 05-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Registered member

emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1 emgjsdk1

Im willing to bet the kid probably needs brakes regardless given his posts..probably been driving the piss out of the car for a year or two and given them no second thought, could be wrong..but knowing this board...I' thinking it's a safe guess.
this is how i know your an idiot because you ASSume retarded shit you know nothing about
Old 05-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered member

/

Last edited by emgjsdk1; 05-05-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: pic didnt show
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Pretty much any car will throw a brake light with low fluid.. but if his fluid's low it's low for a reason..and you don't lose fluid changing brake pads...unless you're a complete idiot, but then again...lol
Have to semi-disagree with you.

What happens when you compress the piston back inside the caliper? all of the fluid that was being used as extra clamping force to make up for the loss of friction material, the fluid rushes back up the the reservoir, it spills/leaks out. So, you do lose fluid.

Originally Posted by emgjsdk1
o really...
because when you change brake pads, you can open the bleeder to compress the caliper to get the new pads to go over the rotor with no trouble
Wrong, If you have to crack a bleeder to do brake pads, your doing it wrong or something is wrong with your caliper.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?

What happens when you compress the piston back inside the caliper? all of the fluid that was being used as extra clamping force to make up for the loss of friction material, the fluid rushes back up the the reservoir, it spills/leaks out. So, you do lose fluid.

Wrong, If you have to crack a bleeder to do brake pads, your doing it wrong or something is wrong with your caliper.
your right but,
i never said you HAD to crack the bleeder, it just makes it easier to compress with no pressure on it
EDIT: usually when a car has ABS, its best to crack the bleeder if there is dirt or grime or anything bad in the lines it goes back thru the lines and straight to the ABS module when you compress the caliper
EDIT AGAIN: this is why i choose to open the line and add a little more fluid because brake fluid will eat away paint

Last edited by emgjsdk1; 05-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

your right but,
i never said you HAD to crack the bleeder, it just makes it easier to compress with no pressure on it
EDIT: usually when a car has ABS, its best to crack the bleeder if there is dirt or grime or anything bad in the lines it goes back thru the lines and straight to the ABS module when you compress the caliper
EDIT AGAIN: this is why i choose to open the line and add a little more fluid because brake fluid will eat away paint
lol, yes it will eat that paint right away. I figured i would add my 2 cent in with the ebrake light. if it ever happens again check it out.. Like i was saying before i dont think your fluid would have anything to do with your ebrake, however like was previously noted if your fluid is low your light will come on. Just kinda weird how your light came on while you were stoped at a light, I figured if the fluid was low it would have turned on while you were turning or something as the fluid will naturally go to one side with the turn thus causing the light to read low not saying that it wouldnt turn on if you were not moving or anything...if you get what i am saying.. Either way as long as you corrected the problem thats all that matters..continue to monitor your brakes and fluid they are the most important part of your vehicle.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
lol, yes it will eat that paint right away. I figured i would add my 2 cent in with the ebrake light. if it ever happens again check it out.. Like i was saying before i dont think your fluid would have anything to do with your ebrake, however like was previously noted if your fluid is low your light will come on. Just kinda weird how your light came on while you were stoped at a light, I figured if the fluid was low it would have turned on while you were turning or something as the fluid will naturally go to one side with the turn thus causing the light to read low not saying that it wouldnt turn on if you were not moving or anything...if you get what i am saying.. Either way as long as you corrected the problem thats all that matters..continue to monitor your brakes and fluid they are the most important part of your vehicle.
i agree and it was kinda wierd
i dont really drive the car all that much which is probably why it hasnt came on or it hasnt had the chance too im gonna check again for leaks tho
Old 05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Chicken Little

ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988 ruger988

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?

One, this is obvious..but i was trying to essentially tell him this..check your brakes BEFORE topping the fluid off so you don't have to much if you still need new brakes. If this would have been what happened he wouldn't have a low fluid problem now would he?

Two...thank you. I think we all know who the idiot here is.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered member

One, this is obvious..but i was trying to essentially tell him this..check your brakes BEFORE topping the fluid off so you don't have to much if you still need new brakes. If this would have been what happened he wouldn't have a low fluid problem now would he?

Two...thank you. I think we all know who the idiot here is.
gtfo
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

gtfo
too funny,
There are many ways to change brakes none of which that have been noted are incorrect, but there are easier ways.. You really dont need to open up the bleed valve to change them however if you felt you had too, then you could just have to bleed them when your done which takes more time..use a c clamp or they even have a tool out there to make it easier.

Besides aint it 5th of may, you guys are supposed to be out getting drunk off tequilla and coronas not on here arguing lol

Quick Reply: e brake light coming on