Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ebay kits

Old 11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy
Default Re: ebay kits

Originally Posted by Jarrod
The manifold cracking is somewhat in the past. The manifolds are better quality.

The intercoolers are fine unless you get the big momma kit. Actually, the intercoolers are a little on the small side IMO.
no their not.. the manifold are now worse the ever.. i have plenty of eperience with these kits. the turbos are fine.. but oil restirctor is a must!!! oil seal go be easy with over pressure. manifold is a garrenteed crack weather it be with in the first month(most likly, or to a year.. they do fuck up. some with the 40mm flanges have hella boost creep. everything else is decent IMO.. even the turbo.. but BOVs are trash.. throw em away & get a real deal bov or even DSM would be way better
Old 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

I would never buy a turbo kit, or even parts for a turbo kit off EBAY. But thats just me. And you can piece together a nice kit for less then $2K easily.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:59 PM

ebs0764 will become famous soon enoughebs0764 will become famous soon enough

If they are xspower or ssautochrome, they are made in China **cheap** If they make power for a year, you got your moneys worth... The manifold is thin wall pipe, the welds will crack and the cracks will spread thru the pipes, and the turbo will blow oil thru the seals.

On the other hand, the intercooler is okay, the charge pipes, clamps, and couplers are okay.

You can't get a reliable setup for 800 bucks.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

Ok the main discrepencies with these kits seems to be the wastegate, turbo, and manifold. What if i got the kit and got quality replacements?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:37 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by black6gen
Ok the main discrepencies with these kits seems to be the wastegate, turbo, and manifold. What if i got the kit and got quality replacements?
Why then?

You can get custom intercooler piping made. You buy a good turbo and manifold, then get your downpipe fab'd up by someone like Arnel(hes a local guy) and get your oil stuff, wastegate and the blow off valve of your liking.

Then fuel. Done.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

babybusa has disabled reputation

well i have a 12.20 forged weisco eagle h22 in my 92 hatch with the ebay turbo kit. and have benn doin it for about a year now daily
Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Originally Posted by 924drsleeper
no their not.. the manifold are now worse the ever.. i have plenty of eperience with these kits. the turbos are fine.. but oil restirctor is a must!!! oil seal go be easy with over pressure. manifold is a garrenteed crack weather it be with in the first month(most likly, or to a year.. they do fuck up. some with the 40mm flanges have hella boost creep. everything else is decent IMO.. even the turbo.. but BOVs are trash.. throw em away & get a real deal bov or even DSM would be way better
wow. i had to read most of your sentances twice to get what you were saying.... maybe a lil less wrench time and a lil more book time is needed.....

but i've seen ebay manifolds (when properly braced) last for a good long time. it's all in the way you put it on and brace it up. then you should have no problems.

but i DO, however, agree with you on the wastegate issue. they have been known to spike / creep. but a Tial w/g is like $170ish and you can sell the ebay one on here for like $50. so boom youre down to $120 extra and you have yourself a decent turbo kit.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

How much would a rebuild on a turbonetics t3/t4 run?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

Oh and another thing, the cracking manifolds everyone is refering to, are they just the crome tubular ones or the log style ones as well?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by black6gen
Has anyone else looked at this kit? It's one of the more expensive ones of the the kits on ebay but it has genuine turbonetics parts with it and warranty.

Quick Reply: ebay kits