Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Eclipse gs transformed to gsx

Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Eclipse gs transformed to gsx

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
Op I have done this swap before for about $478.99.

The valve cover is the only difference with the engine. The rear end from a mighty mac is cheaper and easier to find and stronger and you can use the gas tank from a 92-95 civic they bolt right in. Also a driveshaft from a 98 volvo bolts right in to a plugged hole on the back of the transmission and BAM!!! AWD.
actually a driveshaft from a 92-99 850 volvo to be exact...you cant use any volvo driveshaft
Old 04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

damn great info in this thread! to vadriven!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by nftuatn
actually a driveshaft from a 92-99 850 volvo to be exact...you cant use any volvo driveshaft
I'm glad you're always around to provide accurate information, but you're slacking on your post quoting.

I've got your back.

Originally Posted by Jwred
Hey guys i was just wondering what kind of money i would have to spend to make my car awd. And what type of work would be required. Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

sorry about that, i need to make sure i do that also...as well as giving accurate info

and you have a new gold box.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jwred
I have a 4g64.... read more brotha
wait...you have a 4g64 in a gs eclipse? ......what year eclipse are we talking here that you have? and the short answer is, dont do it, just start with an awd platform, cuz as every dsm'er knows, GOD HATES NON TURBO ECLIPSES!!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by nftuatn
sorry about that, i need to make sure i do that also...as well as giving accurate info

and you have a new gold box.
Thank you sir, i'm just looking out for the good of VaD, and of course your premier reputation for accuracy.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Have had my hands in this process personally on an AWD spyder '97 we converted a few years back i'll get the link for you to look at the work involved. . . Its not just a 'weekend' project it took us 3weekends of busting ass to get the conversion done.

check out this page its a site for the build we did on my friend justins spyder a few years back...

http://1hotawd.com/

Its a show car but you need to find a full drivetrain from a 'donor' car automatic & 5speed are DIFFERENT!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by SPAWN
wait...you have a 4g64 in a gs eclipse? ......what year eclipse are we talking here that you have? and the short answer is, dont do it, just start with an awd platform, cuz as every dsm'er knows, GOD HATES NON TURBO ECLIPSES!!
Originally Posted by IraqVet07
Have had my hands in this process personally on an AWD spyder '97 we converted a few years back i'll get the link for you to look at the work involved. . . Its not just a 'weekend' project it took us 3weekends of busting ass to get the conversion done.

check out this page its a site for the build we did on my friend justins spyder a few years back...

http://1hotawd.com/

Its a show car but you need to find a full drivetrain from a 'donor' car automatic & 5speed are DIFFERENT!
n00bs
Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Noobs how so? cause the proof is on that site, that it was & has been done a legit way w/ no issues at all!!! i drove the car from Nova to VA beach up to PA with no issues at all most fun i've had in a 16G car esp. with the top down bwaha..

Quick Reply: Eclipse gs transformed to gsx