Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ECU Question...

Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath
Default Re: ECU Question...

Originally Posted by DonVizMe
ok I will be the idiot for a sec.

B20= crv motor?

I am lookin to buy a civic/other honda beater as a DD. So I would like to be a little more educated on hondas before I purchase.
Yeah B20 is the motor that comes in a CRV.. B20B with no numbers after the B means its a JDM CRV motor.. that came in i think 4 or 5 other cars overseas.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

If i left the little blue plug that you jump when adjusting the timing out of the green socket with a paper clip in it overnight.. you think that would cause any damage to the ECU???
Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
Sorry bout that.. all the details are in my recent threads in tech talk.. its a 96' DC with a JDM B20B swap stock.
how is the car running rich? how did you go about that diagnosis?

Originally Posted by DonVizMe
ok I will be the idiot for a sec.

B20= crv motor?

I am lookin to buy a civic/other honda beater as a DD. So I would like to be a little more educated on hondas before I purchase.
yes your right.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

If i left the little blue plug that you jump when adjusting the timing out of the green socket with a paper clip in it overnight.. you think that would cause any damage to the ECU???
adjust timing by jumping a plug?
are you talking about the plug you jump to check the CEL's?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM

I checked my spark plugs and they're black which is usually an indication of dry or wet fouling.. (feel free to correct me) and i just replaced the spark plugs before i fixed the bent butterfly with Iridiums gapped at 0.44
Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by nagger
adjust timing by jumping a plug?
are you talking about the plug you jump to check the CEL's?
Yeah i guess.. the one by the ECU.. i read that ur supposed to jump it with a paperclip to stop the ECU from disrupting the timing while you're adjusting it.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM
da dragva kokopelli

I checked my spark plugs and they're black which is usually an indication of dry or wet fouling.. (feel free to correct me) and i just replaced the spark plugs before i fixed the bent butterfly with Iridiums gapped at 0.44
what caused the bent butterfly?

and your running a stock ls ecu obd2?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by nagger
what caused the bent butterfly?

and your running a stock ls ecu obd2?
I have no idea.. i wrecked monday night and the car ran fine before that.. then after the wreck ran like shit.. and i went through some trial and error fixing the problem and the bent butterfly seemed to be the main cause.. how it got bent? is beyond me.. never seen that happen EVER.. and its a P75 ECU.. which i thought was OBD1
Old 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM

I think i either jumped a tooth or two on timing, Something broke in the Dizzy, or the ECU got damaged... or all of the above. Also heard something could be broken in the TPS..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 PM
green box is back!

DonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud ofDonVizMe has much to be proud of

I think i either jumped a tooth or two on timing, Something broke in the Dizzy, or the ECU got damaged... or all of the above. Also heard something could be broken in the TPS..
Was this a front end collision? I dont think I have heard of anyone jumping timing from an accident unless the car was totaled, then you have more than timing to worry about. I can see maybe the TPS or maybe (MAYBE) damage to the ECU. But the TPS seems too me like it would cause it to not start/ rough idle and spotty acceleration. (correct? if not I will stop talking now)

Quick Reply: ECU Question...