Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ECU Question...

Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz
Default Re: ECU Question...

p75 is a automatic obd2 ls ecu if i recall correctly.

is there a check engine light? and have you checked?

im assuming it was a front end crash? a ditch or something of that nature?

have you checked the crank fluctuation sensor? (the sensor near the crank pulley.)has that been damaged due to the accident? im not sure if the b20's have them, but i know the ls's do, and those things will cause the car to run like shit if fucked up or wacked out.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM
:Uses Ninja-Focus:

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

damn... yes there was a prior cel for o2 sensor ill get it checked again 2morrow. Front end fender bender into the jersey wall... and dont believe there is a CFS
Old 03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
damn... yes there was a prior cel for o2 sensor ill get it checked again 2morrow. Front end fender bender into the jersey wall... and dont believe there is a CFS
well if the primary o2 sensor has failed that may be the cause of alot if not all of your issues. deff try that next.

are you running both the primary and secondary o2 still?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:38 PM

JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath JDMtoDeath

Which is which?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM
da dragva kokopelli

well there are 2 in the cat.

are they both hooked up still?

primary is the first one, precat, secondary is the one after the cat. just so you know.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 PM

oh okay well this is fuckn retarded as hell i know.. but im runnin open headers now lol. Dude had the shit held on with a C clamp n it fell off... so neither.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
da dragva kokopelli

thats your problem, get the cat, and o2's back in it, and hooked up.

right now the ecu doesnt know what the hell is going on with the engine, so its probably loading it with fuel, to be safe, or it always thinks its cold which also gets alot of fuel thrown at it. dont know exactly which reasoning the ecu uses.

but thats deff why the car runs weird. get that fixed and im sure alot of your issues will go away. plus open header = carbon monoxide poisioning get on top of that. and save the ozone. hahaha
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 PM

lol yeah good point.. but also it started throwin the ABS and battery light now.. ??
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 PM
da dragva kokopelli

Originally Posted by JDMtoDeath
lol yeah good point.. but also it started throwin the ABS and battery light now.. ??
check your alternator. and all associated wiring, i hate the electrical/charging system. one thing i will never worry about learning to the teeth. if the battery is not being charged, check the alternator, advance auto, and autozone can check it for you for free. if it needs replacing replace it. other than that advice im of no use.

as far as the ABS, i dont ever fuck with it, never had a car with it. never will have a car i plan on working on or modifying that will have it either.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 PM

i doubt nething is wrong with it which leads me to the ecu...

Quick Reply: ECU Question...