Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

em1 loud humming

Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Libya??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
endwell17 has disabled reputation
Default Re: em1 loud humming

Originally Posted by Joker.
Hummingbird in your trunk.

/thread.
nah i got that out already, i think its somthing different
Old 03-28-2012, 06:10 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Hummingbird up your ass.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by endwell17
im wondering since the car is basically stock would a walbro be a bad choice over a stock oem?
Yes. A fuel pump is not a performance mod and will give exactly zero benefit until you are making more power than the stock fuel pump can flow. I have no idea why so many Honda people start upgrading fuel system components (pump, fuel rail, etc) on near-stock engines. I guess people like to create un-necessary problems for themselves...

Plus, a Walbro isn't a very high quality pump compared to stock, but what do you want for $79 or how ever much they cost?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-29-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Libya??

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Yes. A fuel pump is not a performance mod and will give exactly zero benefit until you are making more power than the stock fuel pump can flow. I have no idea why so many Honda people start upgrading fuel system components (pump, fuel rail, etc) on near-stock engines. I guess people like to create un-necessary problems for themselves...

Plus, a Walbro isn't a very high quality pump compared to stock, but what do you want for $79 or how ever much they cost?
hey thanks for the reply. it seems its the walbro humming, so ill replace it soon with a stock fuel pump. hopfully that will fix the problem
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Yep, that's a Walbro whine for sure. And as said above, you only need more fuel if you're your injectors are not tapped out, but you are still running lean. Since you're stock this means you are gaining nothing. And mostly likely your are probably losing power. Walbro flow a lot more than stock, you're probably over running your fuel pressure regulator and the low end fuel pressure is probably through the roof. This will cause more fuel to come out of the injectors pure pulse.

Also why it might be whining so loud.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

Hey now, Walbros do fine on DSMs up until about 400-ish horsepower vs the stock of 250.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

when i had this issue it was the alternator belt, try checking to c if alternator is loose

but my loud humming was coming from engine bay

Last edited by twinturbomeow; 03-31-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

No, it's a walbro. I'm 100% sure. I've have them in my cars for over 12 years.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Libya??

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
Yep, that's a Walbro whine for sure. And as said above, you only need more fuel if you're your injectors are not tapped out, but you are still running lean. Since you're stock this means you are gaining nothing. And mostly likely your are probably losing power. Walbro flow a lot more than stock, you're probably over running your fuel pressure regulator and the low end fuel pressure is probably through the roof. This will cause more fuel to come out of the injectors pure pulse.

Also why it might be whining so loud.
thanks for the info. so would the walbro be a cause of getting bas gas, since its throughing more fuel in then needed?
ill be replacing it for the oem one once i can get the 375 for the part
Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Not bad gas, but bad fuel mileage. Also you have a B16A2 so you need 93 Octane. BTW you don't need an OEM part, just an OE Replacement.

Quick Reply: em1 loud humming