Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Exhaust decision

Old 11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS
Default Re: Exhaust decision

you can run a test pipe with an mil eliminator. casper electronics on summit makes them. should get you around the obdII issue.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
time for a change

SmallBlock_DC2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit, im about to just unbolt the downpipe, but that loud obnoxious exhaust noise gets very annoying after a while. Plus I can't afford anymore tickets.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:12 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by RudeLude83
Its tuned with greddy E-manage at this time,I'm running a fmu and a secondary fuel pump as well. I just got that finished yesterday evening but the stock exhaust is killing the power.
Originally Posted by RudeLude83
No, im only running the fmu right now temporarly until I get the 550cc injectors in. I was runnning the e-manage by itself at first but the injectors didnt have enough pressure when pushing on it and it was running lean. So temporarly we installed an FMU that we had and its not runnin lean at this time. As soon as I get the bigger injectors in, the fmu is coming out.
Well... see, that confused me. First you said you were tuned with an E-manage. Then now, you are just running the FMU.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Shane.. PM Thermal, he knows his stuff, he did all the piping/exhaust on my hatch.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 PM
time for a change

Originally Posted by thermal
Well... see, that confused me. First you said you were tuned with an E-manage. Then now, you are just running the FMU.
No, Im sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say is.... As of right now Im running the E-manage as well as the FMU, but Im only running the FMU with the E-manage right now in order to keep my fuel from going lean until I get my 550cc injectors. As soon as I get the injectors the FMU is coming off. When we first tuned it with only the E-manage, the car was running really lean in the higher rpms as the boost kicked in, so we added the FMU in addition to the E-manage to maintain good fuel pressure to the stock injectors. Even tho the car is tuned on low boost right now, it actually pulls harder than I thought it would.

Dave....I have heard that thermal does good work before, I think hes friends with Kevin("si"ngle cam) who told me in the past about his work. Thanks for looking out bro. I know if he touched your hatch, well....we have all seen the outcome, and well 600+hp, yeah, Ithink I will take his/your advice...hahaha. Love to see that hatch run in person tho man, sorry I missed the last trip to the track my car was all apart and I missed it. I see you at the shop one day soon.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

I see.... that's crazy man. What size injectors are you using now? I'm really suprised that the set-up is drivable like that. Normally, a tuned e-manage takes an input from the stock MAP sensor to configure fuel calculations. So, I'm assuming that you are NOT using a missing link neither. Just an FMU + a previously tuned e-manage.

Yup, I did Kevin's first turbo set-up from junkyard parts I had laying around. That was one of my first projects. That shit ran great too. How's Kevin? Havent heard from him in a while. Goodluck man. If you are local, come stop by and I can share of the the stuff I know.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:12 AM
time for a change

Originally Posted by thermal
I see.... that's crazy man. What size injectors are you using now? I'm really suprised that the set-up is drivable like that. Normally, a tuned e-manage takes an input from the stock MAP sensor to configure fuel calculations. So, I'm assuming that you are NOT using a missing link neither. Just an FMU + a previously tuned e-manage.

Yup, I did Kevin's first turbo set-up from junkyard parts I had laying around. That was one of my first projects. That shit ran great too. How's Kevin? Havent heard from him in a while. Goodluck man. If you are local, come stop by and I can share of the the stuff I know.
I will def stop by one weekend and Ill try to get Kevin to come with me too I actually talked to him yesterday and Im planning on hanging out with him soon. Back to the car talk now, Im not running a missing link because like you said, i dont need to with the E-manage. My car actually runs really strong right now, I just get a CEL because of my cat. clogging. I didnt do the tune, actually "Gene" on here did the tune and the installation of the kit. Its just a basic tune right now that way I can drive my car daily. As for the injectors they are stock LS 1.8 injectors.